Denki x Heartbroken! Reader: Guilty

Play song for better experience.

Denki just didn't know what to do anymore. He loved Y/n so much, but after everything that happened their ex, it was just so hard to get through to them.

Yeah sure, she had finally agreed to date him, so they made a little bit of progress, but they were still so distant with him.

They had such a hard time trusting him and was so afraid to open up, because they didn't want to get hurt again.

He watched quietly as Y/n sat on their bed reading. Denki tried to scoot closer but they flinched so he stayed where he was.

Can't you see
That he ain't me
This is not how it's supposed to be

"Y/n please." Denki pleaded. "Please just trust me. I could never hurt you. I would never want to."

He leaned his head against the wall, tears forming in his eyes.

"I just want you to feel safe around me. I just want to keep you safe. And happy. And make you feel loved and cherrished." He he said looking at them.

Y/n hid there face with their book, trying to hide their tears.

No way I can win
Guilty until proven innocent
Now I'm paying for his sins

"Y/n, please, I love you so much. I would never do that to you. All I want is you to trust me. You don't even have to say you love me. Just please just trust me." He pleaded, crying.

Y/n put their book down. Tears in their eyes. "I do love you, and that's what scares me." They said frantically.

It's unfair
To compare
Every time you've needed me
I've been right there

"I love you so much, but I'm so scared. I'm afraid you'll hurt me like he did. LIke you'll turn out like he did. And it hurts to think about." They cried.

I just know
I can't hold on
Unless you let
It go

"Please Y/n, just give me the chance to prove I'm not like him. That I won't hurt you. Becuase I'm not. I'm not him and you need to realize that."

Can't you see
That he ain't me
This is not how it's supposed to be
No way I can win
Guilty until proven inoccent
Now I'm paying for his sins

"Okay. I'll give this a shot. I'll try to trust you. I owe you that much." They smiled slightly through their tears. Denki then pulled them into a hug.

They stiffened at first, but then eased into it and hugged back. Denki kissed their head.

"Thank you Y/n."

Another one I cried while writing. That's three in a row. Fun times.