O N E

josh's pov
i slowly fluttered my eyes open to see jaden still sleeping next to me. we have shared a room ever since we moved into the sway house. i rolled out of our bed and got up to take a shower.

i walked out the bathroom to see jaden awake on the bed. i sat down while he got up to take a shower. while he was in there, i decided to text my little sister. no one really knew i had a little sister. shes the most famous user on tik tok but no one knows that we are actually siblings. i really wanted her to move in with us but i knew that she wouldnt want to leave her whole life behind.

my sister kai and my girlfriend nessa live in canada. they've been bestfriends since forever and she actually got me and nessa together. i heard the bathroom door open and jaden walk out. out of nowhere my girlfriend calls me. she was speaking really fast while her voice trembled. she said there was a major problem. the words that came out of her mouth next, made me burst into tears. i rarely cry but this one hurt me to my core.

i grabbed a suitcase and started packing for atleast a week.

j: "hey hey, josh what are you doing?"
jsh: "i have to go back to canada."
j: "why?"
jsh: "somethings wrong with my sister"

his eyes immediately shot up to mine.

j: "sister?"
jsh: "yea my little sister. i need to go though"
j: "me and anthony can come too"
jsh: "up to you but im leaving for the airport in 30 minutes"

i saw jaden throw down a suitcase and start throwing stuff inside. i walked downstairs so i could go, until i saw anthony and jaden waiting for me.

jsh: "you guys dont have to"
j: "but we want to, lets get going now"

we drove to the airport and quickly boarded our plane.

kai's pov:
i was at my house hanging out with my bestfriend nessa. today was one of those days where my parents were fighting downstairs. usually when this happens, josh would hold me in his arms until the fight was over.

sometimes dad took his anger out on me. yes. as in abuse. my mom couldnt do anything to stop it. so she asked me to move with josh.

i could hear the faint yelling and nessa could too.

n: "hey its okay, im sure it will be over soon"
k: "i really hope so"
n: "i'll be here the whole time if something happens"

i smiled at her and we continued talking. i was sitting in my bed and she was sitting on the floor by the closet. i got up and walked to the door and slightly opened it to hear what they were arguing about.

m: "i cant trust you around her! she needs to move with josh!"
d: "shes staying here!"
m: "then your leaving."
d: "no one is leaving"
m: "fuck you!"
d: "your gonna pay for that. but you wont be the one feeling the pain"

i quickly shut the door and ran over to my bed.

n: "im sorry"
k: "no its not your fault"

soon i heard loud thumps up the steps. i saw my door fling wide open and a furious dad walk through. he looked drunk which means he would be abusive. i could see nessa looking worried in the corner of my eyes. he was standing in the doorway with one hand behind his back.

d: "you have one text"
k: "w-what?"
d: "text one person and make it meaningful"

i didnt ask anymore questions. i pulled out my phone and texted my brother.

kai:
josh, i love you with all my heart. im so sorry for what ever happens to me. just know i will always be there with you.

i put my phone down and then heard a loud bang. i felt a sharp pain in my chest. i heard nessa loudly gasp and tears ran down her face as she ran to me. my dad ran out of my room and out of the house. my mom ran in and screamed. then i blacked out.

nessa's pov
i heard the bang. i looked over at kai. it didnt even faze her. i ran over and started crying uncontrollably. her mom ran in and screamed. she dialed 911 and i grabbed my phone. my hands were extra shaky and i called my boyfriend. while it rang i saw kai pass out.

n: "no no no, please kai, stay with me!"

then josh answered.

jsh: "hey ness"
n: "j-josh i-i need you t-to fly o-out to canada r-right now"
jsh: "hey hey, what happened?!"
n: "i-its kai"
jsh: "ill get the earliest flight"

i hung up and the paramedics came in and grabbed kai.