F I V E

jaden's pov
i watched kai fall asleep next to me after she got nervous when i walked in. why would she get nervous? we almost kissed but now shes nervous? did i make her uncomfortable? all these thoughts ran in my mind as i looked at the time. it was already around 3 am.

ive been overthinking for so long. maybe i should just kiss her and then she wont feel awkward? but if she doesnt want it then its more awkward. i decided to think about it more than act on it tomorrow. i laid down next to her and kept my distance so she didnt feel uncomfortable when she woke up.

kai's pov
i woke up pretty early and looked over to side. i saw jaden sleeping a few inches away. i quickly got up and went downstairs.

i saw anthony sitting down there weirdly as if he was texting someone he didnt want me to know about.

k: "hey ant"
a: "oh h-hey kai"
k: "whats up with you?"
a: "nothing. what do you mean?"
k: "you seem on edge or something"

he shooked his head and looked back down at his phone. i grabbed my keys quietly and ran upstairs. i ran into josh's room to see them cuddling. josh was still sleeping but nessa was awake. i waved her over and she nodded.

n: "baby im gonna go use the bathroom"

josh let go of her as she got up.

k: "get ready"
n: "where are we going?"
k: "i dont know just get ready"

she threw on josh's hoodie and some shorts. we both ran downstairs and out the door as i felt anthony starung at me.

we both closed the car door and i was so relieved.

n: "what happened?"
k: "so im stressing out"

i started the car then looked behind me as i backed out of the driveway and drove away.

n: "why are you stressing out?"
k: "when you and josh were cuddling the other night, jaden came in my room and asked to sleep in there. i said yea and he wrapped his arm around me and placed my head on his chest. then when i tried to get up in the morning he pulled me back and called me princess. i accidentally called him bubba and he said it was cute, you should do it more often princess. he fell asleep with head on my lap then josh called us and when we were about to go downstairs, he almost kissed me. then when josh finished talking, he pulled me against him, called me beautiful and almost kissed me again. but when i woke up he was inches away from me. i have some type of feelings towards him but i highly doubt he feels the same and josh would accept it."
n: "wow... i mean he almost kissed you twice dude, he has some type of feelings too. just dont be awkward around him and thats josh's bestfriend so im pretty sure he will accept and if he doesnt then ill talk to him."
k: "so what do i do though?"
n: "if you guys are on the verge of kissing then just do it"

i felt my stomach turn as i turned the car around to drive back.

we walked in as all the boys were downstairs. they all stared at us as josh ran over to us.

jsh: "where the hell did you guys go?!"
k: "we just needed to talk" i mumbled.
jsh: "next time tell us"

i felt jaden staring at me so i kept my gaze on the floor as i walked towards the stairs. i ran into my room and fell back on the bed.

j: "whats wrong?"
k: "w-what?"
j: "you alright?"
k: "y-yea"
j: "what did you guys talk about?"

a lump formed in my throat as he came over and sat on the bed with me. i looked up at him as my eyes slowly welded with tears. he pulled me up and pulled me into a hug.

j: "please dont cry"
k: "i dont k-know what t-to do"
j: "what about this?"

he placed his soft hand on my cheek and leaned in. our lips connected. it felt like fireworks erupted. i kissed back as he moved one hand onto my waist. we both pulled away for air with the biggest smiles.

j: "ive been waiting to do this for a while"

i leaned my head down on his chest while sitting across from him with my legs criss crossed. he sat the same way, with my head in the crook of his neck. he rubbed my back slightly as he rested his head on mine.

j: "so what were you guys talking about"
k: "this moment right here"
j: "i was talking about the same thing with anthony"

i chuckled a bit as he pulled me down. we both laid on my bed while he tightly wrapped his arms around me. i wrapped my small arms around his torso as he kissed the top of my head and i felt my eyes get heavy. i slowly started to drift off to sleep while smiling into his chest. i already knew i would be dreaming about that kiss. my first kiss.