Burning Of The Child 1/2

--THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS A DEPICTION OF AN ANXIETY ATTACK, THERE WILL BE A WARNING IN WHICH YOU'LL BE ABLE TO SKIP THROUGH IT IF YOU NEED TO. AT THE END THERE WILL BE A "tdlr" FOR YOU TO READ IF YOU DID SKIP IT.--

Citrine, if you don't want your art being showcased I'll go ahead and replace it with some music from one of my playlists as I usually do.

Also, this is so far the longest chapter in the book. So long it had to be cut up into two parts and I had to get my sister to do one half and I do the other half. My sister is doing this half.

So get your popcorn and soda ready.

And let me have some of that soda, I haven't drank soda in months since quarantine--

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1:29 PM

-Scarf POV-

I was in the left holding room, staring at The Pretender.

She was surrounded by four unknown kids. Ten was set on the conclusion that The Pretender has been making friends, but I knew exactly where, how, and why she got them.

To fulfill the plan I accidentally gave her while trying to save my friends.

The door to our holding room opened. To my surprise, Seven, Six, Shadow Six, and Mono were put in. All of them, except Shadow Six, didn't look too happy to be in this holding cage. Shadow Six didn't mind being in here, and I could guess why...

The Pretender looked happy to see Shadow Six, which wasn't shocking.

I stayed near Ten, watching how this'll play out.

-Third Person-

The Pretender walked over to Mono, Seven, Six, and Shadow Six.

"Ah, here comes the thre- four idiots," The Pretender said, hoping they wouldn't think anything of that mess up. "And hello, blindy!" She said while looking at Six's bandaged eye.

"Ugh, why must you bother us?" Mono asked.

"Because you're the clowns of The Maw, of course! Stupid little children," The Pretender said.

"Oh, come on, that insult wasn't even good!" Mono said, "You're honestly so annoying. You're just a little brat who thinks she's better than everyone when she's not!"

The Pretender stared at Mono.

"Ah gee, still seeing you here is getting really tiresome. Especially over the past years," The Pretender said.

"Ugh, you too," Mono responded.

"Man, I hope you die in a fire, so I won't have you see you anymore," The Pretender replied.

"Same for you," Mono agreed.

The Pretender huffed and turned around, approaching Shadow Six.

"I want to talk to you. Meet me at the other side of the room. I'll be sitting there. And don't look sus," The Pretender whispered to Shadow Six as she walked by quickly.

The Pretender walked over to her group of kids. She ordered them to cover up as to block the view of their bodies. All while being spaced out, so they wouldn't draw suspicion. Then, she went over to Scarf and told him to speak with Six, Mono, and Seven as a distraction. This was to prevent them from looking for Shadow Six.

Once done, The Pretender walked away and sat at the end of the room. As Shadow Six walked over to her, The Pretender's plan quickly went into motion. Scarf began a conversation with the three children, even though he couldn't speak properly. He entertained them with his nonsensical vocabulary and sentence structures. Once Shadow Six sat beside The Pretender, the group of kids blocked them from Mono's, Six's, and Seven's line of sight.