8 | They Are My Family

Vasistha took a step closer as their gaze fell on each other's lips. She moved so close that she could smell his exhausted body scent with his hand still around her neck. His green eyes screamed passion towards her. He bent his neck so that he could meet her lips, he was mesmerised by her honey-brown eyes.

He brought his other hand up, resting it on the curve of her hips he moved her over his body so that nothing could pass between them, not even air. Their lips met. They found their match in warmth and their mouths opened as if unlocked and tongues met. For the briefest of seconds, their lips broke with a small curve on each other's lips.

"How do you know that I wanted to start a company?" Vasistha questioned curling her hands around his neck. Shrugging his shoulders "I love you that means I wanted to know everything about you. Good and bad things, your likes and dislikes, etc..." Roshan said, hitting his forehead with hers lightly while chuckling.

With that her face became red and she moved away from him "I'm sorry, I didn't try to know much about you-" before she could continue "For god sake will you stop apologising to me thinking you are guilty?" he shouted making her shriek "No one is perfect... I'm not a perfect person either Vasistha." he continued holding her arms tight.

"You didn't do any sin to apologise to me every minute." he sighed. "It hurts to see you feeling guilty," he mumbled, wiping his exhausted face with his palms. "Till now how many times you felt guilty and said sorry?" he questioned seriously, making her look at him unanswered "Those many times I wanted to kill that bastard with my own hands..." he exclaimed, making her gasp out of shock and fear.

"Not because you loved him but he betrayed you, he kidnapped you, he tried to rape you..." he shouted making her shriek again. "Say sorry one more time and before the police find him, I'll chase the world down to find that bastard and kill him with my own hands. If you don't know I have a gun with a licence," he yelled one last time before leaving for the bathroom.

She just sat on the bed numb. 'Shouldn't I feel guilty and apologise to Roshan for how I behaved for the past three months?' she thought to herself. "No, you shouldn't..." Roshan declared making her look at him with widened eyes out of shock.

After getting freshened up Roshan came and sat beside her, side-hugging her "When you are tense you feel you are talking to yourself but you speak out loud." he said chuckling making her pout.

"I'm sorry for shouting at you before." he apologised, making her look at him from the side of her eyes. "Promise me you won't apologise to me, feeling guilty..." he asked, making her bite their lower lip feeling tense. "I'll try Roshan... I can't easily forget how I behave with you just like that..." she whispered. "Why don't you think it's just a phase of your life? You can forget Vasistha... But you are so stubborn not to forget." Roshan ensured, and she licked her lips out of tension.

'Will I be able to forget everything?' she thought to herself. "Just give it a try, Vasistha..." he whispered, hugging her to his chest. "Did I speak out loud again?" she questioned looking at him and making him nod with a chuckle. "Come let's eat something and sleep, you have a big day tomorrow." he sounded exhausted.

*****

Vasistha was feeling nervous. Her body shivered. It was all new to her. Seeing how normal Gurucharan, Kanchana and Ajith behaved made Vasistha more anxious. She heard or watched movies about board meetings but hadn't experienced them to date. Many discussions were happening regarding 'her taking over the charge of MD'. Ajith and Kanchana were trying to convince the remaining board members except Gurucharan. He sat silent. Vasistha could see the rage in his eyes. His palms were fisted.

At this moment she badly wished Roshan to stand by her side. Unknowingly how much trust he had created in her for him? He had to leave early in the morning as he had a meeting with foreign investors. He promised her that he would be there when the board meeting started as she felt nervous in the morning. He hasn't reached yet which is making her even more timid.

For her, it doesn't seem to be a board meeting but a lion's den where she was the prey. That very moment her body shrieked as she heard "This company is mine..." Gurucharan roared, making everyone pin-drop silence.

"I have 60% share in this company-" before he could continue one of the board members "Only 40% Mr. Gurucharan, that 20% shareholder will never attend any board meeting or anything regarding the company. In fact we are thinking of selling that 20% to the public." that guy said with a dirty smirk on his face making few of the board members chuckle where Gurucharan, Kanchana and Ajith became silent as their faces turned painfully sad.

That's when the door opened, making everyone gasp looking at Chaaya. She walks into the room with a serious face and a sparkle in her eyes, wearing a smart and stylish outfit that reflects her personality and professionalism. She has a well-fitted blazer over a crisp white shirt, pencil skirt and heels paired with a watch, a platinum chain around her neck and a pair of diamond earrings. Her hair is neatly tied up in a bun, and her makeup is subtle but flattering.

She walked as if she owned the place. The people who mocked earlier gasped out of shock. That's when she came and stood behind Gurucharan keeping her hand on his shoulder making Gurucharan, Kanchana, and Ajith smile. Gurucharan caressed Chaaya's hand making her give a little smile.

"What's this Gulzar? When did you start raising your voice huh?" She questioned in a serious tone with a smirk on her lips making him gulp. "I didn't attend the company meetings and you got the balls to sell my share?" she continued raising her brows. "Forgot where you come from? Huh... Tch tch tch..." she mocked, making him stand in fear.

"Madam I-" Before he could start she signalled with her hand to sit.

She approaches the podium with confidence and grace and greets the audience with a warm and friendly tone. "I, Chaaya Dvivedi, on behalf of Agarwal's Ltd founder Gurucharan propose Mrs. Vasistha Agarwal as the new Managing director to all the industries we are newly entering," she announced, making Gurucharan smile proudly.

"Anyone have any objections?" She speaks clearly and confidently.

"Gulzar?" she questioned making him whisper "No madam" with a shivering voice. "Fine then... The board meeting has ended, isn't it Uncle?" she asked, turning towards Gurucharan and making him chuckle "The Devil has come back." for which she chuckled and hugged him tight.

"Don't update all this in minutes' books. It will be a humiliation for Gulzar if future CEOs go through the minutes' book" Chaaya smirked, making Gulzar lower his head and walk off making every other member leave the boardroom. Vasistha gasped at how Chaaya tackled the situation. 'The way she dealt with the issue was commendable' Vasistha thought to herself.

"Just because I don't attend or be active in the company doesn't mean they can demean you, Uncle. Whatever the matter is, nothing will happen to you." Chaaya said, hugging Gurucharan as they all walked out of the boardroom. Vasistha didn't understand why but she felt a little bit jealous seeing Chaaya with Agarwal's. She felt bad that she couldn't create such a beautiful bond with the family as she thought this marriage was a curse for her life.

Don't know when she dived into the ocean of thoughts but she was brought back with a snap of fingers by Chaaya. "See Vasistha, I did this not because of you but for Agarwal's," Chaaya said, rolling her eyes. "Because they are my family. I can go to an extent to protect their respect and pride." she continued. All the while Vasistha stood silent. She doesn't know how to respond.

"To be frank, I too believe you are an immature, naive, crybaby and can't handle such a big responsibility. But Uncle believed in you. That's enough for me. I'm sure he'll remove you from this company as soon as possible because you aren't fit for the so-called managing director post." Chaaya concluded with a chuckle and a dirty smirk on her face.

Vasistha didn't want to respond because whatever Chaaya said about her was true. She is a crybaby for sure. Good or bad she cries. That's when Chaaya and Vasistha heard "CHAAYA..."

To be continued...

********************************

𝑭𝒐𝒍𝒍𝒐𝒘 𝒎𝒆 𝒐𝒏 ☟︎︎︎

𝑰𝒏𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒎:- 𝒉𝒂𝒂𝒛.𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔
𝒀𝒐𝒖𝒕𝒖𝒃𝒆:- 𝑯𝒂𝒂𝒛𝑪𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔