16 | Sorrow

As soon as the doctor left "Why does she have to suffer Gurucharan? Why only her?" Kanchana cried, caressing Vasistha's face where she lay lifeless on the bed. Taking Kanchana into a tight hug "She'll be alright Kanchana. She's strong and will get along with this too." Gurucharan said, controlling his tears. "Take care of her," Gurucharan said, patting Roshan's shoulder before leaving the room along with Kanchana.

"I'll be with Bhabhi," Myra said, crying. "It's ok... you too go and take some rest." Roshan sighed, wiping her tears. "Are you angry with me?" Myra questioned with tears flowing from her eyes. Caressing her head "Why would I be?" Roshan questioned. "Because Bhabhi is in this condition because of me." she cried. Hugging her tight and moving out of the room not to disturb Vasistha "This was bound to happen. It's not because of you, my bachcha." he concluded, kissing her forehead.

Before he could further "Bhai... Every one of us is gathered. Even the Inspector-General of Police Sadanand has come." Pratap, Roshan's cousin informed making him nod his head "You go to your room. And don't think about anything. I'll solve everything." Roshan concluded by kissing Myra's forehead before leaving for his office room.

Sadanand stood immediately with a tense face the moment Roshan entered. Roshan found his PA Tara along with Ajith and his 8 cousins. Gesturing Sadanand to sit Roshan sat silently. Making Ajith and his cousins confirm that he's burning in anger. "Sir..." Sadanand tried to explain when "Again some shit story huh?" Roshan questioned with a devilish smirk on his face.

"Sir... I... actually..." Sadanand stammered "What? What's the explanation you're gonna give Mr. IG?" Roshan roared, making Sadanand shiver out of fear. The rest of the people didn't judge because they expected this as they had known Roshan for ages. "Open your fucking mouth Sadanand?" Roshan shouted, hitting the table before him, making him shiver "Sir" gasping out of fear.

Roshan marched towards Sadanand pulled him up by his collar "You are in a police uniform that's why I'm not killing you." he whispered, gritting his teeth where his eyes were blazing red, nerves popped over his neck and forehead. "Bhai-" before Ajith could continue "What?" Roshan shouted back "If it wasn't this guy I would have killed him that day itself." he yelled at Ajith referring to Sadanand.

"Let me explain sir please..." Sadanand pleaded. "Explain? What explanation do you have? That he got bail and was released?" Roshan questioned making Sadanand gasp out of shock. "Do you don't know anything? I wanted to talk to you about this matter and then all this happened. I knew he would harm Vasistha." he roared.

"Sir that's why the state home minister asked to give z-category security to your-" before Sadanand could continue "No thanks. Soon you'll get the information of his death. So please leave." Roshan said with anger making Sadanand leave immediately.

"Everybody out..." Roshan screamed, making everyone present in that room leave from there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been one week since that incident happened. Everything has changed. Nothing is like before. They are living without any happiness in their lives anymore. Kanchana became sick after that. She wasn't able to digest what Vasistha was going through. Though Gurucharan and Ajith were feeling bad they tried to compose themselves for the company and the workers.

Roshan isn't attending the office anymore. Only God knows what he's up to. Vasistha was taken care of by a caretaker. The moment she gained consciousness the only thing she did was to sulk about how she spoiled the lives of Roshan and his family members. She stopped coming out of her room or talking to anyone.

Out of all this chaos, no one expected Myra to get affected more and she also needed some support from her family members. A bubbly, fun-loving girl was going through a depressing phase which wasn't noticed by anyone from the family except one.

At 9 o'clock as Roshan came home ordering the maids to send dinner for both him and Vasistha he entered their bedroom. "How many will you make, shut Roshan?" Vasistha questioned in a slow voice. "What are you talking about Vasistha?" he asked with concern sitting beside her.

With that, she showed an article in a leading magazine with the caption "The daughter-in-law of Agarwal's is crazy. Is she insane? Is the future of Agarwal's at stake?" with the clippings and pictures of the video recording of her being hysterical at Myra's college event.

Seeing that article Roshan gritted his teeth out of anger "Didn't they delete it? I'm gonna kill that magazine owner." Roshan grunted out of anger and when he was about to move out of the room "Why kill them it's better if I die." Vasistha whispered so slowly "What?" Roshan shouted out of shock. "Tell me you didn't say that Vasistha. If not I'll kill you," he warned, making her break down.

He went towards her in 2 long strides and pulled her into his arms hugging her tight. "Roshan, Let me die... This will be the only solution for the problems in your life," she cried out. He let her cry in his arms. All the while he caressed her head lovingly as she hugged him and started to sob heavily.

"Let me leave you, Roshan. Please," she pleaded looking at him. Tears formed in his eyes upon seeing her condition. Only he knew how much he was controlling himself not to break down in front of anyone. Seeing her leading a lifeless life made him die every second.

Clearing his throat he took her face in his hands. "I wish I could explain to you how wonderful you are. How I could look into your eyes and never get tired of, how they talk to me. How seeing you walk into our room makes me smile. How much you mean to me. And how much I love you. But I am at a loss of words here." he said, wiping her tears.

"Even if I could find the words to tell you these things, it wouldn't come anywhere near to showing how much you mean to me. I didn't fall in love with you because you were heartbroken or to show some pity on you, I fell in love with you because after getting to know you, I realised that I wanted to make you a permanent part of my world." he continued, rubbing her runny nose with his shirt.

"I love you. It means I accept you for who you are and I don't wish to change you into someone else. It means that I do not expect perfection from you, just as you don't expect it from me. I love you means that I will love you and stand by you through the worst of times. It means loving you when you are in a bad mood or too tired to do any of the things I want you to do. It means loving you when you are down, not just when you're fun to be with.

I'm going to love you. I'm going to love you from your weakest moments to your strongest ones. I'm going to love you when you're happy and I'm going to still love you the most when you're sad. Don't you understand? I'm here and I'm not going anywhere," he said, kissing her lovingly on her forehead.

"Why are you crying?" She asked in a shaky voice. "I'm unable to see you like this," he said, making her wipe the fresh tears flowing from his eyes. Kissing the palm she moved to wipe his tears he gently pressed his lips over her lips.

Cupping the side of her face and tilting her head he kissed her passionately yet softly. His kiss didn't hold any hunger. It was like he was promising her that she was safe, He was safe.

Pecking on her lips, one last time he pulled back and made their foreheads touch.

"I married you not because I wanted to have sex with you or because I wanted you to warm my bed. I loved you when I first saw you. I want you to be with me till the end of my life." saying so he moved away a little with his hand around her neck where she parted her lips "Don't dare think of leaving me, I'll kill you by myself this time." he warned, making her gasp and he immediately hugged her tightly.

To be continued...