17 | Ajith Loves Chaaya

The next morning Vasistha woke up when "Good Morning Baby" Roshan murmured in her ear while kissing her forehead lovingly making her smile after so many days. "Let's get ready," he said with a smile and was about to get off the bed when she held his hand making him look at her "Do you think this will work?" Vasistha asked with concern.

Sitting on the bed beside her and hugging her sideways "It's just like a treatment for fever or another health issue. Taking psychiatric help doesn't make you any lower. I too had taken psychiatric treatment. It really helps." he explained "Won't people think I'm really mad if I take psychiatric treatment?" she questioned batting her eyelids.

Smiling at her he understood that she was being conscious about herself. "Why would you care about others?" he asked, making her sigh. "Won't you take help if you get your leg fractured?" he questioned her with reassurance. "You need to get over your fears which are making you feel stressed. And for that, you need a doctor's help. That's it. You wouldn't be in this position today if you had overcome your fears" he concluded.

Hearing that she had tears pricked in her eyes "I'm sorry-" Before she could continue "No... Don't be sorry. Be strong. Get up. Start a new day. After all, it's your life. Don't spoil it for anyone. And to see you happy I'm always there to help you." he said, pecking her lips lovingly wiping her newly formed tears. "You get a grip over your fears and bounce back with a bang and as always I'll take care of the world. This time I promise I would never let a fly touch you," he said passionately looking at her and making her hug him tight.

********************************

It's been a week since Vasistha started attending her psychiatric treatment which led her to release a lot of burden and guilt from her shoulders. She wanted to meet her in-laws. Thank them for their support and hug her mother-in-law as she needed a mother's love at this point in her life. When she was about to enter her in-laws room "Bhabhi!" she heard Myra calling her.

And in a fraction of seconds Myra hugged her tight and started to cry. "Im sorry Bhabhi... it's all because of me. Knowing the threat you have, I behaved like an idiot. Please don't hate me Bhabhi. I'm sorry. Please forgive me." Myra cried uncomfortably making it difficult for Vasistha to handle her. "Myra... it's all right. It's not your fault. In Fact no one is at fault. Don't stress bhabhi. Leave her." Out of nowhere Dharam came and tried to console Myra. To Vasistha's surprise Myra did calm down in his presence.

Within seconds they both left from there leaving Vasistha all alone. Then taking a deep breath she entered Gurucharan and Kanchana's room where she found Ajith speaking to his parents. Though it felt bad to hear their talks without their knowledge, her curiosity increased when she heard Chaaya's name.

"Mom, Dad, what's your opinion on Chaaya?" Ajith asked "In what context do you want our opinion about her?" Gurucharan questioned making Ajith gulp "I... I mean... I think I'm in love with her-" Vasistha's body shivered after hearing him. By hearing the name of 'Chaaya', she felt like the earth shattered under her feet. She was in shock. She didn't know what to do.

'How would Roshan feel when Ajith would marry her? Also, would Ajith be able to digest the fact that his brother and the girl whom he loved and wanted to marry were once friends with benefits? It was better not to tell him about their past. But what if he would come to know after their marriage? Wouldn't he feel betrayed?' Her brain was riddled with these thoughts.

And before he could continue "Wow... I didn't know my introverted son could love someone!" Gurucharan remarked with a chuckle, making Kanchana hit his shoulder "Did you propose to her?" Kanchana asked "No" he whispered.

"I wanted to know about your opinion-" before Ajith could continue "It's your life. You need to make a decision about it. We are here only to bless you. You love her, go propose to her, if she agrees, ask for her hand from her father." Gurucharan suggested making Ajith shyly smile and nod his head.

"Vasistha!" Kanchana gasped, making her come out of her thoughts. Vasistha wiped the sweat over her face and neck. "Sorry we didn't see you. Come inside." Kanchana apologised, making Vasistha embarrassed. Lowering her head she reached them and sat beside Kanchana over the couch "You guys carry on... I'll take my leave." Ajith politely excused himself from there.

"I'm so happy that you are fine. You don't know how traumatised I was to see you like that." Kanchana whispered, hugging Vasistha, controlling her tears. "I'm sorry Mom-" before Vasistha could say anything further "Vasistha you are our child. That means if anything happens to you we both will obviously feel sad. You please don't think about anything else. Just take care of your health as of now and get back to work." Gurucharan said, caressing her head lovingly before kissing her forehead and left from there leaving Vasistha and Kanchana alone.

Vasistha's in-laws were so supportive towards Vasistha no matter what, the latter always wondered whether they were her in-laws or her true parents. She doesn't know whether to feel happy for having such lovely in-laws or sad as she didn't have such loving parents.

"I know what you are thinking," Kanchana said and Vasistha's chain of thoughts broke. "You know a girl leaves everything and goes to an unknown place where she has to lead a new life. She doesn't expect anything but love from that family, which few people lack in giving to their daughter-in-law. I have also faced this stage. So, I understand your situation. For a newly married girl, getting love from her husband is not enough. She expects love from her in-laws too. But after a few years, due to various reasons misunderstandings might arise. Then the support of the family is necessary. If I don't love you from the beginning then how can I talk if misunderstandings arise between us in future? Also, don't ever feel like I'm your mother-in-law and you can't come to me. Feel free to talk to me whatever it might be. I have a daughter. I can understand how you feel. And you are my daughter too. These men can get along in any type of situation. If you need any help, then don't hesitate to come to me." Kanchana completed to which Vasistha hugged her right and started crying

"Shhh... Please don't cry..." Kanchana said while ruffling Vasistha's hair.

"I don't deserve the love you guys are showering me with. I'm indebted to this family," she said, still hugging Kanchana and crying. With her being forced to get married to Roshan, she hated this family initially, especially Roshan. The mere thought of it made her sob incessantly.

"Shhh... You are perfect for Roshan. No one can live with that idiot except for you. You are the best thing ever happened to Roshan, Vasistha. Don't talk like this. Now be a good girl and stop crying," Kanchana said while wiping her tears.

To be continued...