12 | Tree House

Throughout the car ride, there was tension building in between them. Vasistha could sense Roshan’s constant gaze on her waist, especially on that chain she wore. A teasing smile on her lips. “You are enjoying this, aren't you?” he questioned in a hoarse tone that made her gulp. She bent her head a little, biting her lower lip to distract herself. She started to scroll on her mobile phone.

That's when she gasped “Roshan… you can't do this. It's too much.” she shouted out of shock and frustration. “What did I do Vasistha?” he questioned, batting his eyelashes with an innocent smile plastered on his face while still driving. “You made that guy apologise on a social platform Roshan. This is ridiculous!” she gasped, gritting her teeth. “Trust me I didn't do anything,” he said with a smirk looking at the road. “I know what my monster can do. Confess it, Roshan.” She warned him and he chuckled, making her even more angry.

“So what the fuck do you want me to do when a random shithead comments on my wife or sister ‘You are fucking hot’ and you want me to stay quiet?” he shouted a little while holding his steering tight making his knuckles go pale. “There are 20k comments Roshan. How many people will you make them apologise to?” she gasped. “I had a team check the comments on female members of our family's Instagram posts,” he revealed, making her look at him as she saw a ghost. “It's her life. I don't want to control her. But I can't let idiots make nasty comments too.” he said casually shrugging his shoulders. 

“I… but…” she struggled to say anything. At that moment she felt she was out of words. “I never knew you were this crazy Roshan,” she whispered, nodding her head, feeling unbelievable. That's when she understood ‘Roshan can go to any extent to protect his family’ of what Ishwar said. “But he didn't comment about whom he's mentioning in his comment Roshan,” Vasistha questioned feeling discomfort. “That’s why I made him just apologise. If not I would have killed him.” Roshan said as if it was very simple for him to make him apologise, whereas Vasistha could just gulp.

“Do Myra know about this?” Vasistha asked, gaining a chuckle from Roshan. “Do you still think any of the family members would know what I'll be doing?” he questioned with a devilish grin making her grit her teeth. “Then why did you and your partners in crime tell or do everything in front of me?” she shouted, hitting his shoulder. “Because you are my half… remember?” he spoke out, winking at her. “No, I don't want to know you monster. With each revelation it's making me afraid of you.” she shrieked, pinching his thigh for which he didn't budge and laughed out loud. “I'm damn sure you are not human…” she declared shooting her fingers through which she pinched him.

That's when Roshan immediately stopped the car at such an area where lights barely appeared. “Roshan… I'll not say anything to you. Please don't do anything to me.” Vasistha fake cried making Roshan chuckle. “Come out…” he whispered, opening the car door with a chuckle. “Such a drama queen you are…” he announced, making her pout.

The moment she stepped out of the car, he hugged her by her waist and pecked on her lips for a brief time. “Come” he whispered over her lips. “But it looks like a forest!” Vasistha puffed. “I know baby… I'll not let anything happen to you.” He said caressing her nose with his. She shivered in his hug hearing him call her baby. Looking into her eyes “Do you believe me?” he asked, making her peck his lips. Smiling like a crazy person he held her hand and started to walk after she moved back from his lips.

They had been walking for the past 20 minutes, the climate was nice and the cool breeze was fanning her face. A kind of anxiety yet thrill was running in her spine. The sounds of crickets make her more alert. On the contrary, he was just enjoying the sounds of the forest as if he were familiar with the place. As he was walking ahead of her still holding her hand “Have you worked as a forest guide before?” she questioned scrunching her brows, he laughed out loud. “This is our ancestral private forest,” he said, making her halt. “You are joking right?” she questioned with a shocked and confused smile on her face.