Parent Unlocked!

Patton paced around his room nervously. Logan was watching him from the bed, smiling in sympathy.

"It will be fine, Patton," Logan told him.

"But what if it's too early? I mean, we're not even married yet! And what if it's going to be too much for him?" Patton ranted.

"He'll be delighted! He really likes you!"

"I know that but does he see me that way?"

"Patton, we're soulmates and you're very fatherly. Virgil would be happy to be your son."

"I mean, I do see him as a son already. But I don't know, I don't want to overwhelm him. What if he freaks out?"

"Do you want to adopt him, Patton?"

"Yes! I really do! I love him so much and I want to be his dad! Or at least one of his dads, you're already his dad."

Logan laughed, "You're clearly nervous. You don't have to do it right now if you don't want to."

Patton took a deep breath and released it. "No, I got this. I can do this. Where are those adoption forms?"

"Oh, I hid them. Didn't want Virgil to find them, I wanted it to be a surprise." Logan got up and went to a tall dresser, grabbing the papers from on top of it.

He gave them to Patton and Patton grabbed a pen from his desk. "Alright then, now I just have to find Virgil."

"Well the princes are in history class right now so he's not with them. Probably in the garden again."

"That boy loves nature, how is he still so pale?"

"I honestly don't know, maybe it has something to do with his magic? I don't know."

"You've clearly thought about it a lot."

Logan shrugged and took Patton's hand, leading him out of the room. Patton's pace got faster as he anxiously walked to the garden.

Soon he was dragging Logan along as they entered the garden. They found Virgil at his usual spot on the bench with Kayda sleeping next to him.

Patton took a deep breath again to calm his nerves and sat down next to him.

"Whatcha reading, kiddo?" he asked.

Virgil looked up from his book and lifted it to show him, "I'm just rereading Virgil Storm, the book dad named me after. That was such a long time ago."

"You were a lot shorter," Logan joked, "You're still short."

"Hey! Rude."

"I remember I adopted you not long after. God, you were so happy, and so was I."

"I know, to have an actual family. Even if at the time you were the only one."

"Well," Patton started, "now you have us, by us I mean the royal family, Janus, and me. But, I was hoping to make it official with at least me for now, I mean you probably are going to marry Roman one day and- nevermind I'm ranting. Virgil, what I mean is, I want to adopt you."

Virgil blinked for a few seconds, then whispered, "Really?"

Patton nodded and held out the adoption forms to show him. Virgil took them and looked them over, they look exactly like the ones he signed to be adopted by Logan.

Virgil smiled wide and quickly signed where he needed to. He set them aside and tackled Patton into a hug.

"Thank you so much! Oh my god, you're my dad now!" Virgil shouted, "I have two dads now! That's so awesome! I- this is great!"

Patton giggled and stood up, pulled Virgil up and twirling around and laughing for a bit. When they slowed down Virgil rubbed his eyes, wiping the tears away.

Patton noticed and said, "Oh my goodness, I didn't mean to make you cry!"

"It's okay!" Virgil told him, "I'm happy! These are happy tears! I'm so happy that you wanted to adopt me!"

"I'm glad you're happy." Patton kissed his forehead. "I hope I continue to make you happy!"