December 19 First day of Winter Break

"Lux, please I need you to go to my business event," my dad begged. His business events were like mini balls. You had to dress up, and bring a date, and dance and shit. Not my kind of gig.

"Daddy, I don't even have anyone to go with!" Sure me and Gray had had some fun times since homecoming, but I didn't think it was going anywhere and neither did he so we mutually agreed to not date.

"Well Barry works at the firm as well, meaning that Elliot will probably have to go as well. You can see if he wants to go with you."

"Elliot?" I scoffed. He had been dating Ally Martin which peeved the crap out of me. I talked to him at lunch and stuff, but otherwise I kind of had been avoiding him.

"Lux, you have to go. There are no two ways about it."

"Are you at least making Liam go?"

"Of course."

"Fine," I stormed up the stairs.

"FIND A DATE BY TONIGHT OR YOU'RE GOING WITH ELLIOT!" He yelled up the stairs. I groaned loudly. I grabbed my phone and checked it. I had a missed call from Elliot. I tapped his name hardly and it started ringing.

"Lux?" He asked.

"No it's Brookes. Yes it's Lux. What did you call about?"

"My dad said I had to find a date for the stupid firm dance. Since you have to go to do you want to be my date?"

"Wow. That was a charming invite. What about Queen Bitch?"

"We broke up like two weeks ago. How did you not know?" In my defense, if they broke up two weeks ago, then I had been out from school that week from Bronchitis, and then last week I was too focused on catching up with my school work.

"Must've missed it. Sure I'll go with you."

"Great. See you tomorrow then."

"See you then." I hung up first.

The next day I was getting ready when Liam burst into my room.

"Hey party princess!"

"What do you want."

"Um it's kinda a really big deal and I need you to be supportive about it."

"Okay, it's not like Maia is pregnant or anything so it should be fine."

"Um, well," he stared at me guiltily.

"MAIA IS PREGNANT WHAT THE MRSHAU-" he had covered my mouth at that point.

"Don't let dad hear you!! She said she MIGHT. She said she is late."

"Well what if she IS pregnant. Then what?"

"Well we still have to talk about that, but she said on the phone that she wasn't going to abort it for a million dollars, she doesn't believe in that. But I don't think she wants to mother a kid either though, so I think adoption?"

"Well that's smart."

"Thanks Lux I had to tell someone!" He said leaving.

"Your an idiot about sex!" I yelled after him.

I went into my closet and grabbed a pretty black and white body con dress for the event tonight. I threw it on over my head, pulling it down. I don't really love body-cons, and neither does my dad (he thinks I look like a slut) so I figure the more I wear them to his classy events, the less he will make me go.

I put on some black pumps and put on some heavy eyeliner and mascara. I finished it off with some dark berry lip stain. I put my hair up into a cute top-knot and was finished. I went to find my brother, who was wearing some black slacks and a blue shirt.

"Lookin good, daddy." I said. He groaned.

"I shouldn't have told you that."

"But you did!" I said tapping him on the nose.

"LUX,LIAM! WE ARE GOING TO BE LATE!" My dad yelled up the stairs. I jumped on my brother's back and he gave me a piggy back ride down the stairs (I usually fall when I am in heels) laughing.

When we got to the event, Elliot and his dad were waiting outside for us. We walked up and greeted them.

"Elliot, Lux, most of the higher up people are going to assume you're dating, and it's easier to just tell them you are," my dad looked at our appalled expressions, "you don't have to kiss or anything, just stay together, if a founder asks you if you are together, just say yes, and just a bit of dancing."

"Dancing?" I asked loudly.

"Lux, you're a dancer it shouldn't be a problem."

"Yeah a JAZZ and HIPHOP dancer, not ballroom! And what about Elliot, he doesn't dance."

"You guys don't have to be good, Lux. You just have to do it. If you pull it off, at the end of the night we will figure out a reward for you guys, capiche?" I nodded as did Elliot. He slipped his arm through mine. I stared at him.

"We're supposed to be dating, right?"

"Yes."

"So I'm making it look like we're dating," I nodded. Our dads walked in first, followed by Liam and Maia (who had arrived when me and Elliot were talking) and then Elliot and I. I looked up at Elliot as we walked in, greeting people, he was smiling shyly. He had grown his black curls out a bit. We walked up to a group where my dad was.

"Lux!" Someone yelled. I turned around to see Mel, my dad's girlfriend. She didn't have kids though, so they were usually at her place. She was short with red hair.

"Hey sweetheart!" She said giving me a hug. She was like a big sister to me.

"Hey Mel!" I said, "Mel, this is Elliot White, Elliot this is Mellisa Cohen. My dads girlfriend."Elliot shook his hand.

"Lux I didn't know you had a boyfriend!"

"Um, well my dad."

"Oh he made you pretend to date. That's fun! Well we have a meeting in five minutes so I'm going to go dance before." She walked off graving my dad.

"Want to just get it over with?" I asked. He nodded and we walked to the dance floor. I didn't recognize the song, but I wrapped my arms around Elliots shoulders anyway. He wrapped his hands around my waist and we rocked awkwardly.

"This is weird." He said.

"I agree." Elliots dad walked up to us.

"Hey guys, we are going to go into a meeting, an hour and a half tops, you guys can do whatever until then." Elliot nodded and his dad walked away. The entire ballroom emptied pretty fast. Liam and Maia sat in the corner making out.

"Ew," I said gesturing to my brother.

"Your little stunt with Brookes was pretty disgusting the first party I went to at your house."

"That was hardly a party. And you're the one who gave me that dare. You deserved it." I said laughing. I didn't really hate Elliot anymore, by the way.

"Fine then what if I dared you the same dare again?" He said.

"My brother? Eew." I said. Elliot laughed.

"You know I never told you this, but I expected you to look as you did when I left."

"Like a troll? Thanks."

"Well you don't though, you are so fucking beautiful and I just wish I had been there those three years."

"Elliot."

"What."

"Shut up. True you weren't here those three years, but you're here now. You can't change that." He nodded. I stared at him, stood up on my tip toes, and got really close.

"I have loved you for three years, Lux." He said. My mouth was a bit away from his. He moved in a bit.