August 22 Big news

"Lux we have to talk to you!" Brookes called from across the street. I was in my bedroom and he was in his own. I nodded and went downstairs to meet them at his place.

"So we are moving. Tomorrow. The guy called us to tell us that it went through."

"You're moving? Where?"

"Still in New York. It's closer to soho. We have the money, and a third roomate to get a bigger place. And we thought, since this new place allows animals, we would get you a pet for your birthday. And then a friend for the pet."

"Are you serious?" I had always wanted a dog.

"Yes. We decided that we would get a french bulldog, and then take you to a place in New York and let you pick out a pet. We have a list of animals that are good for apartments."

"Holy shit Great Danes are on the list? Callie Andrews had one and she was so precious!"

So we went home that night to the new apartment, which was huge, for an apartment.

The next day, after I had finished decorating my room (yay I got my own room!) with blue and green comforters and pillows and fluffy carpets and stuff, Brookes took me and Elliot to the shelter.

I went directly to the puppy section. I mean, who doesn't love puppies?

And you wouldn't fucking believe it!! Right up front was an adorable little gray and white spotted Great Dane puppy. I asked the guy if I could play with her.

She was literally the sweetest fucking thing ever. She ran around a bit and cuddled up against my side and eventually curled up and fell asleep in my lap.

And even better her name was Charlotte.

See I don't love the name Charlotte in particular, but I love the nickname charlie for a girl.

I decided Charlie was mine. I heard Brookes walk up behind me.

"Is she the one you want?" I looked up at him with my doe eyes and nodded.

"What kind is she?"

"A Great Dane," i batted my eyes.

"Lux," he warned.

"I know, I know you wanted a small dog, but seriously? How cute is she? Plus Great Danes are lazy and aren't crazy. Please please please?"

"If Elliot is okay with it."

Let's just say I had a very convincing argument. Which included some promises. That I would not be keeping. On our way home I stopped in a pet place and got charlie some food and a dog bed (a giant dog bed, as she would be a giant dog) in GREEN AND BLUE OMG IT MATCHED MY ROOM CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? The boys did not understand my excitement but SERIOUSLY?

Charlie was a bit quiet at first as she got used to her new home, but as soon as I gave her food, she warned right up. We watched Netflix together that night.

AN

sorry that was a filler chapter...

Thanks for 260 reads!!!