Chapter 7: Caspian's Speech

"Kill them!"

"Telmarines!"

"Liar!"

"Murderers!"

The whole gathering of Narnian forces were in an uproar against the two Telmarine royals. Pearl stood between Caspian and Camille, her wings around them protectively.

"All this horn proves is that they have stolen yet another thing from us!"

"We didn't steal anything," Caspian protested.

"Didn't steal anything?" Some called back to them.

"Shall we list the things the Telmarines have taken?"

"Our homes!"

"Our land!"

"Our freedom!"

"Our lives!"

"You stole Narnia!"

Camille didn't say anything in response to the insults hurled at her and her brother; she was to scared to even speak. So Caspian spoke for the two of them.

"You would hold us accountable for all crimes of our people?"

"Accountable, and punishable," Nikabrik shot at them as he walked towards them.

"Ha! That's rich coming from you, dwarf!" Reepicheep snorted coming forward as well. "Have you forgotten that it was your people who fought alongside the White Witch?"

"And I'll gladly do it again, if it would rid us of these barbarians!" Nikabrik exclaimed, exasperated.

"Then it's lucky it is not in your power to bring her back," the wise badger, Trufflehunter, spoke up. "Or are you suggesting that these kids go against Aslan now?"

Another roar broke out.

"Some if you may have forgotten, but we badgers remember well, that Narnia was never right except when a Son of Adam was king and a Daughter of Eve was queen."

"They're Telmarines! Why would we want them as our King and Queen!" Nikabrik exclaimed again.

"Because we can help you," Caspian protested.

"It's a trick!" Nikabrik really didn't like the Telmarine siblings.

"At least hear him out!" Someone else said.

Caspian stepped forward and Pearl dropped her free wing. "Beyond these woods, we're royalty. The Telmarine throne is rightfully ours. Help us claim it and we can bring peace between us."

"It is true," a centaur, who's name they had found out was Glenstorm, stepped forward. "The time is ripe. I watch the skies, for it is mine to watch as they are yours to remember, badger.

"Trava, the lord of victory, and Alambil, the lady of peace, have come together in the high heavens. And now here, a Son of Adam and Daughter of Eve have come forth to offer us back our freedom."

"Do you? I mean really?" A squirrel chattered.

"Two days ago, I didn't believe in the existence of talking animals, or dwarfs, or centaurs. Yet here you are in strength and numbers that we Telmarines could never have imagined. Whether this horn," Caspian held up Queen Susan's horn, "is magic or not, it brought us together. And together, we have a chance to take back what is ours."

"If you will lead us, then my sons and I," the centaur said, drawing his sword, "offer you two our swords." He held his sword up.

All the Narnians raised their swords, they all agreed to let the two telmarines led them.

"And we offer you our lives unreservedly," Reepicheep added.

"Miraz's army will not be far behind us," Trufflehunter looked at them. "What are your orders?"

"If we are to be ready for them, we need to hurry to find soldiers and weapons," Caspian answered.

"I'm sure they will be here soon," Camille put in.