Chapter 13: The Flight of the Griffins

When all was ready, Caspian, Camille, the Pevensies, and Trumpkin were held in the claws of griffins and taken into the air. Soon they were approaching the castle.

Peter looked at Edmund as the griffins lined up one behind each other. The griffin with Edmund flew over the castle first and landed on a watch tower.

Camille and her griffin followed right behind him. Camille drew an arrow and together, she and the griffin flew around the nearby watchtowers. Camille shot down the guards lest any should see the approach of the other griffins. Her griffin fell in behind Susan's as Edmund signaled that the coast was clear.

Caspian's griffin went in first. As they approached one of the lower towers, Caspian drew his sword and his griffin lowered him to strike the guard on watch.

Camille looked around as the griffins swooped in for landing. Suddenly, she noticed a Telmarine aim his crossbow at Edmund and his flashing beam of light. She was about to nock an arrow in her bow when Susan in front released her arrow and took the man down. Up in front the griffin with Peter, set Peter down and flew off.

Peter drew his sword quickly and skillfully killed another Telmarine. Behind him the other griffins set down their riders and flew off.

Camille quickly followed the others as they silently went to find the professor.