A New CEO

"So, what do you think?"

You beamed at her, your leg bouncing excitedly. "I'm all over it," you replied.

She returned your smile. "It's a great opportunity," she added, "and since it's your first major piece like this, don't hesitate to reach out for some guidance."

Her words soothed your nerves. "Thank you so much, Ms. Kanata."

Her smile widened as she took her glasses off, setting them to rest on her desk. "It's not very common for such a young writer to be given the reigns on a piece like this," she observed. "You should be very proud."

"Thank you again," you replied. "Thank you for trusting me with this."

"You've earned it," she returned.

You nodded. The smile on your face hadn't wavered once since she informed you that the piece was yours. You got up to leave and gathered your things.

"One more thing," she said, clearing her throat. "I've heard that the CEO can be a tad edgy, so I would start with some of the lower positions."

You nodded, grateful for the advice. With that, you exited her office and headed back from your desk.

Her words weighed on your mind as you picked up where you left off on your current piece. You were well aware that Mr. Ren was a bit much to handle and beyond intimidating, but that stubborn part of you insisted that you somehow had to land an interview with the man.

One way or another, you were going to get him on the record for this piece.

It was probably an impossible task, but you refused to write such an expansive piece on the First Order without direct quotes from the damn CEO. Without his input, it wouldn't be complete.

Kanata was right though, that it'd be wise to tackle one of the lower positions. It wasn't much of a lower position than Ren's, but you decided to start off strong and email the Chief Financial Officer with an inquiry for interview.

Clicking on the First Order's website, you found the email address you were looking for and drafted an email to the CFO, Mr. Armitage Hux before going back to your work.

You copy and pasted your usual template for inquiries, tweaking it where needed and obsessively reading over it for any errors. Something told you that even a small typo or an extra space would keep you out of that man's office.

Deciding it was exactly the way you wanted it to be, you hit send and closed the tab and reopened your current piece that was luckily almost done.

It wasn't a very interesting topic, just a regular feature on a highly-overpriced boutique. You had gotten to the store early before your initial interview with the owner and you took the time to look around. To your horror, the tags all read 'One Size Fits All.'

Holding up a shirt that had to be designed for a toddler, you laughed to yourself.

Yeah, one size fits all under the age of 4.

An employee had poked her head out from behind the register to ask if you needed help and you informed her that you were waiting for the owner, a Ms. Holdo. She nodded and went back to her work, leaving you staring at the shirt again.

Clearing your throat, you held the shirt up. "Are all the clothes really 'One Size Fits All'?"

She nodded. "Yes, except the pants which come in small, medium, or large."

Plastering a fake smile on your face, you placed the shirt back down on the table.

What is this, Build-A-Bear? Or maybe Build-A-Bitch?