Not Jealous, Just Competitive

Trying to write an article about the man you're sleeping with is a lot harder than it seems.

You were trying to write about Kylo's company yet all you could think about was him fucking you in his office. Sighing loudly, you rubbed your temples and set your elbows on the desk.

"You're stressing me out," Poe said.

You looked up at him, eyebrows knit together. "How?"

He leaned back in his chair, crossing his arms. "You're stressing out and it's making me stress out," he explained.

"My apologies, Mr. Dameron," you replied.

His face scrunched up when you addressed him like that, making you laugh.

"What's going on?"

You groaned, shaking your head. "Ren," you mumbled.

The word had already left your mouth when you realized what you'd said. There was no reason for you to think that he knew what had happened between you and Ren, but you were still worried. You took a long sip of your tea to hide your panic.

"Still being a pain in the ass?"

Relief washed over you. "Yep, just being difficult," you replied, lying through your teeth.

You hated not telling Poe the truth, but you couldn't tell him yet. At least not until this article was behind you or until you figured out whatever was actually going on between the two of you.

"Are you at least getting something out of him?"

Yeah, but not in the way you're thinking.

You could feel yourself blushing, but kept a blank expression. "Yeah, he's been a lot more forthcoming than I thought," you replied. "I'm actually close to being done."

He raised an eyebrow. "Impressive," he said.

You were about to say something when your phone buzzed. Looking down, you saw a text from Kylo. Poe noticed your frown.

"Who's that?"

You sighed. "Ren, actually," you mumbled.

"Oh?"

"He says he has something for the article, something that apparently can't wait until Friday," you replied.

"Wait a minute," Poe said, leaning forward in his chair, "Ren is seeking you out to give you information for the article?"

You shrugged. "Seems like it," you said, "but I wouldn't get too excited, I'm sure it's just to make himself look good," you sneered.

It was already four o'clock when Ren texted you, so you spent the next hour focusing solely on getting this article as close to being finished as possible.

When 5:15 rolled around, you were ready to send your draft to your editor for a preliminary review. You stopped by her office on the way out to let her know

"Hey Korr," you chirped, "I just emailed you a draft to get a head start on revisions."

She looked up at you, pushing her glasses back on her nose. "Oh perfect, I'm glad you're making progress," she replied.

"I should have the final draft for review by Friday, depending on whether Ren cooperates today," you added.

You made small talk with her for a bit, asking about her husband and daughter before excusing yourself and heading towards the elevator.