Call You Mine

You typed at lightning speed, letting the sound of your nails on the keyboard block out any thoughts that threatened to flood into your mind. Your tactic was to distract yourself, keep yourself busy, eliminate any chance of unfavorable feelings revealing themselves.

You knew it wasn't healthy, but distraction and especially distraction through work was all you knew. There was no question that it wasn't the best way to handle a bad situation but this was always how you dealt - or avoided dealing - with bad situations.

When you'd first gotten to the office that morning and started talking to Poe, all you could think about was him taking you home last night, walking you all the way into your apartment, making you drink a hot cup of tea after you showered. And when you thought of that, you thought of the event that'd preceded it and all those uncomfortable, buried feelings rose to the surface again.

So your solution was to turn all your attention to your work, glueing your eyes to your computer screen as the clock ticked by, hour after hour.

Poe had left just ten minutes before, only agreeing to leave without you when he saw the few people still left in the office. You promised him that you'd leave shortly after he him, easing his worry that you were overworking yourself.

It's not like you wanted to stay too late today. The longer you stayed hunched over at your desk, the longer you had to wait to see Kylo.

You finished typing your last sentence and saved the article draft without another thought, keeping your promise to Poe. You grabbed your things quickly and stood up from your desk, not even bothering to push your chair in.

You clutched your overnight bag behind your purse as you walked towards the elevator, grateful that you'd thought to pack your things this morning. That meant that you didn't waste time by going home first before heading to Kylo's place.

Kylo. Just the thought of being in his arms, feeling his lips on your skin, and running your hands through his hair lifted your spirits and eliminated the need for any other distraction.

You kept your focus on Kylo, thinking of the different and yet equally exciting ways that the night would go. It was the best way to keep yourself from looking at the wall you'd been trapped against just one day ago.

Poe had pleaded with you to take a cab and you agreed, just to give him peace of mind. And, if you were being honest, you also agreed just to give yourself peace of mind. Keeping your promise to Poe, you hailed a cab and climbed in, tossing your bags onto the seat next to you and rattling off Ren's address to the driver.

It was finally the weekend and after the week you'd had, you deserved to blow off some steam. And this would be the perfect weekend to do that.

Tonight, you'd be with Kylo. You could already feel the tension melting away with each kiss of his lips, stress evaporating with each inch of your body that his hands would explore. The weight on your shoulders would be replaced with blissful pleasure, always being able to count on him to tire you out past the point of worrying - or standing.

And tomorrow, you'd be going to a Halloween party that one of Finn's coworkers was hosting. And by Halloween party, you meant an excuse to wear a tight dress and drink the night away.

You were lost in thought planning for the weekend as the cab glided over the streets. This week and everything that happened within it were behind you, no longer allowed to occupy your thoughts. Before you knew it, you were stepping onto the curb and walking into Kylo's building.