See You Soon

Your last free weekend for a while went smoothly, and you felt recharged and content heading into the new week.

To your surprise, you had gotten an email back from Hux on Saturday afternoon. You were taken a bit off guard when he suggested an interview Monday morning.

Also, who the hell answers emails on a Saturday?

You were grateful though, because the sooner the interview, the sooner you could start to get a rough plan for the article and work off of whatever you find out from Hux.

Since you'd stopped by the building on Friday and gotten a feel for the company's environment, you put on a pair of tight black pants with a matching black blazer over your white top.

It was quite clear that the First Order was not a colorful company.

You'd called Kanata last night to tell her that you'd be in late because of your meeting, so you headed straight to the First Order headquarters from your apartment.

The meeting wasn't for another 15 minutes when you arrived in front of the building, but you figured it'd be better to be early than late. You quickly slid off the black mules you'd worn to get here, not wanting to scuff your fancy heels on the subway or break an ankle on a pothole.

Once you had slid the change of shoes on, you stood up and smoothed out your clothes, checking your hair and makeup in your phone camera. With that, you started the trek down the entry way. Heels clicking, hair swooshing gently against your back.

The lobby was even more polished and modern than the quick glance you'd gotten through the doors. It was immaculate. Sparkling white walls, shiny black floors, metallic chairs in the waiting area. Your eyes fell on the receptionist desk and you quickly walked over.

"Hi, I'm here for a meeting with Mr. Hux," you informed her with a smile.

She didn't smile back, instead, she typed away at her keyboard. "Take a seat over there," she said, her eyes never leaving the screen.

Ok then.

You nodded and mumbled your thanks and headed towards the chairs. Before you could sit down, you heard a voice.

"Ms. [Y/Surname]," you heard a voice call.

You looked up to see Hux standing next to the elevator. "Mr. Hux," you replied, walking towards him.

He shook your hand and gestured for you to enter the elevator with him. "You're early," he said, "I appreciate that."

You smiled at him, knuckles tightening on the strap of your bag. "Well, I didn't want to keep you waiting," you replied.

The elevator doors opened and you followed Hux to his office. He held the door open and motioned for you to take a seat in the leather chair opposite of his desk.

"You filled me in briefly about the piece, but I'd like to hear some more input from you in person," Hux mentioned, unbuttoning his jacket and sitting down.

"Of course," you replied, setting your bag next to your feet.

"As I mentioned in the email, this is a feature piece," you began, "but to be frank, I want to go a bit further than that."