Friday

TW: Cut - not self-harm related, but blood is mentioned. Drunkenness also appears in this chapter, but there is no violence.

"If you ever wanted to switch careers, you'd probably have a job as someone's personal chef."

You sat in the plush arm chair across from the couch that Finn and Poe were on, wine glasses in each person's hands. The used dishes from Finn's delicious pasta dinner sat piled in the kitchen sink.

Finn chuckled and placed his hand on Poe's leg. "I'm not sure about that," he replied. "I'm already his personal chef."

Poe scoffed. "I prefer eating it, not making it," he said. "I could cook but you actually enjoy doing it."

You raised an eyebrow. "Oh really? Because I remember having to order pizza the last time you tried to cook because it was completely burnt."

Finn laughed and so did you while Poe glared at you from the couch. Loved the man but cooking was seriously not his strong suit.

You looked back to Finn. "So how's the new project going? Good? Or are you going to start looking for jobs in the culinary arts?"

"It's going really well, actually," he said. "We're moving along a lot quicker than expected."

You knew how important this project was to Finn, the way he still glowed when he talked about it. That's why you'd gone to the gala with him, risked seeing Ren. Which, of course, just had to happen.

But luckily Finn assumed your smudged makeup was from crying, not from Ren fucking the hell out of you on the bathroom counter.

Poe spoke up before you could respond. "Have you seen...him since that night?"

"Nope," you lied, raising your wine glass to your lips.

You looked away from Poe and concentrated on the cat currently pressed against the side of your leg. Bebe's head rested on your thigh, purring softly as your fingertips grazed his head.

"Good thing you didn't run into him when you were interviewing Hux," Finn added.

Poe nodded in agreement and you just kept drinking your wine. Your mind went back to that day in his office, just over a week ago.

By all accounts, you should've been satisfied. For once, you'd gotten the upper hand with him, even if it was only for a short while. But there was no satisfaction once that high of adrenaline wore off.

Poe stifled a yawn and you looked at the clock, noticing that it was nearly midnight. "I should be going," you announced. "It's late and Mr. Dameron is clearly tired."

"Well it's exhausting being the attractive one in the couple," Poe replied.

Finn responded by smacking the back of Poe's head and taking his wine glass. Those two had an endearing habit of acting like teenage boys which never failed to make you laugh.

You gave Bebe one last pet before standing up, walking to the kitchen and placing your glass next to the sink. Finn entered the kitchen right behind you carrying the other two glasses.

"Thanks again for cooking," you said to Finn. "Tasted better than delivery pizza."

"I heard that!" Poe called from the couch.

Finn chuckled and set the glasses down. "Anytime," he replied before leaning over and kissing you on the cheek.

Poe made his way over towards the two of you, holding your bag and your coat in his arms. "Stop trying to steal my husband," he teased. "I might starve without him."