040. grief

Elena and Lexa were walking out of the house, waiting on Jeremy

Elena and Lexa were walking out of the house, waiting on Jeremy. "Come on Jeremy, going to school! Walking out the door now!" Elena called out.

Jenna walked over to the twins, "Lexa! Forgot this." She smiled, before she held up a thermos, that was inevitably filled with coffee. "Thanks Jenna,l." Lexa smiled weakly, before taking it. Jenna looked to her niece, noticing she still looked quite upset. "Have a good day." She smiled, as Lexa smiled back, "I'll try, you too Aunt Jenna." Lexa said.

The pair suddenly turned around as Elena blurted out, "John?" As she'd opened the door and their Uncle was standing there, about to knock. "Elena, Alexia!" John gave the girls a smile. Lexa gave a forced smile back in response, not interested in talking to the man. "Hi Uncle John." Elena smiled.

John then turned to Jenna, "Jenna." He said, acknowledging her. "John, you made it." Jenna admitted, sounding a bit surprised. John shrugged, "I said I'll be here before noon." He said before he entered the house. "Oh what you say and what you do are typically two very different things."

Jeremy finally came down the stairs, "Uncle John, what's up?" He asked. "Hey!" John greeted the boy as Jeremy slapped him on the shoulder before leaving. "I'm waiting in the car." Lexa said to Elena, her voice sounding slightly annoyed. "Okay Lexa." Elena smiled as Alexia followed after Jeremy.

John turned back to Elena and Jenna, "I had some business in town; I thought that a visit was in order." He assured them. "How long are you staying?" Elena asked, to which John answered, "I don't know yet."

"Okay, well, I'm gonna go to school, I'll see you later."

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

Jeremy and Lexa were outside, sitting on a couch, conversing quietly. Tyler and Sienna approached them and sat with them. "How are you doing Lexa?" Sienna asked, squeezing her friend in a tight embrace. "I'm doing alright, Cece." Lexa replied, hugging the girl back.

Tyler offered the boy a joint, which Jeremy turned down. Lexa reached out her hand and took it from Tyler, deciding she'll have it, instead of her brother. She decided that an occasional joint couldn't hurt, compared to anything else she had taken.

Sienna looked at Alexia in surprise as she smoked the joint. Jeremy was quite surprised too, as he instantly worried that this could be the beginning of a relapse.

But it wasn't. Despite how miserable Lexa felt, she wanted to avoid hard drugs, as much as they called to her.

"What's your problem?" Tyler asked Jeremy, who shrugged "I just don't want any."