087. the last day

"Tonight is the full moon

"Tonight is the full moon. We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse." Elijah spoke to Elena, Stefan and Damon, before Lexa and Natasha rushed into the house.

Brooke was nowhere to be seen, wanting to keep Bruno away from this Mikealson mess, as she didn't want them to know that he was a witch. She was also sorting out adoption papers, as Bruno wanted to be her adoptive son.

"Elena said that the Sun and the Moon curse is fake? That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus." Stefan insisted before Elijah replied. "Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it...He'll be a true hybrid."

"Then why are we letting him break the curse? We can kill him today. With Bonnie, Tasha and Lexa." Damon spoke up, as Stefan deadpanned his brother, "Damon..."

"No. They can't use that much power without dying." Elena cried out. Lexa crossed her arms, "That's a chance I'm willing to take." She insisted before Natasha shrugged, "I am already dead inside." She declared. "It's not an option, Damon." Elena frowned.

"All right, how do we break this curse?" Stefan asked, before Elijah continued, "Well, the ritual itself is relatively straightforward. The ingredients, so to speak, you already know."

"The moonstone."

"A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone. After that, Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire, will sacrifice one of each." The Mikealson continued before Elena asked, "And where do I fit into it?"

"The final part of the ritual." Elijah took a wooden box from the shelf. "Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelgänger...to the point of your death."

"This is an elixir that I acquired some 500 years ago for Katerina. It possesses mystical properties of resuscitation." Elijah explained, opening the box to reveal a small bottle. "So she'll be dead?" Lexa demanded before Elijah nodded, "And then she won't."

"That's your plan? A magical witch potion with no expiration date?" Damon demanded, before Natasha cleared her throat. "You idiots are forgetting that this is only a backup plan." She insisted, crossing her arms. "I'm going to take Elena's place in the ritual and kill Klaus."

Damon turned to Natasha and shook his head, "No. I'm not losing you again!" He insisted before the Petrova eyed him, "Who said that I was going to die? I mean if I do, I will take that bastard down with me."

"And if Klaus figures out that it's you, then what?" Damon ordered as Elena frowned, "I'll take the elixir." She declared.

━━━━━ ♥︎ ━━━━━