089. misery business

"Lexa!" Caroline rushed forward, hugging the girl

"Lexa!" Caroline rushed forward, hugging the girl. "Hey Care!" Lexa giggled, hugging her best friend back. "Why the urgency?" She asked, once they broke apart.

"Well.. with all of this Klaus stuff going on... I'm worried that you could uh... die.." Caroline began. "So I've made viles of my blood.. for you, Bonnie, Sienna and Elena."

"That's a bit morbid." Lexa laughed, before Caroline gave her a vial. "I don't think it will work for Sienna because she's already a werewolf." The siphoner admitted as Caroline's face fell. "Well if something happens to her I— she's become one of my best friends—" The blonde stammered.

Lexa placed her hand on Caroline's shoulder, "She's mine too, but Sienna Lockwood is strong as hell. If anyone is going to survive this, it'll be her." Lexa insisted, before Caroline smiled weakly.

The Gilbert looked at the vile in her hand, "I hate to break your spirit but... I don't think that Bonnie or Elena will accept these either." She admitted, before Caroline sighed, "I know... but I'm at least going to offer it to them. I can't live without you guys.. you're my best friends."

Lexa's eyes suddenly flew open, as she had finally regained consciousness. She found herself in her bedroom, laying flat on her bed. Beside her was Elena, who was beyond relieved that her twin was okay.

"Lexa!" Elena cried out, with tear filled eyes before she hugged her sister. Lexa hugged Elena back, letting out tears as she thought about everything that had happened before she had died.

"Caroline told us that you kept a vial of her blood." Elena said, pulling away. Lexa reached into her pocket, taking an empty glass vial, as she showed it to her twin. "So you're.. in transition?" Elena asked. "I... I guess so." Lexa sighed, feeling like she had a horrible headache.

"Are Cece.. Tasha and Aunt Jenna really dead?" Lexa asked, in almost a whisper. Elena nodded, her eyes glistening with tears. Lexa closed her eyes, as this overwhelming feeling of despair filled her again. Part of her hoped that she'd just woken up from some terrible nightmare.. and that none of it was real. But it was. All of it.

Overwhelmed by her own feelings, the ground began to shake, confusing Elena. "Lexa! Lexa calm down!" She called out. "Your blood is a source of magic now, so you're going to be a bit out of control until you can get used to it."

Lexa then scooted away from her sister, "Look.. you should go, Lena. I don't want to hurt you and for some reason right now I uh... feel this insane hunger that I can't really explain."

━━━━━ ♥︎ ━━━━━

Down in the cellar, Tyler had placed his cousin into a coffin. Looking at her fear filled face, he broke down into tears.