Chapter 28

Amity's POV

I was cuddling with Luz when a small knock at my door made me pull away. I slowly open the door to see that it was Lilith she seemed to be nervous.

"Amity may I talk to you privately?" She asks I give her a nod and gently close the door behind me. Lilith began to fidget with her hands.

"How can I help you Lilith? Is it your next date with mom?" I ask she shakes her head. She takes a deep breath," I'm planing on asking Angela to marry me." I throw my arms around my soon to be mom,"you are.I'm so happy for you! When are you planing on doing so? Ohh is it on your date today!?" Lilith laughs at my enthusiasm.

"Shhh. Yes it is but what if I mess up? What if I freeze?" Lilith whispers,"what if she doesn't want to marry me?" I gently place my hands on her shoulders,"she loves you very much. I'm pretty sure that if you didn't ask soon she would have asked you. You'll do fine."Lilith gives me a smile before pulling me into a hug,"thank you Amity." She pulls away,"I should get going I need to get ready for the date." She sounded so excited about it. I wave her goodbye before opening the door to my room.

"So what was that about?" Luz asked I know she heard. She has her dog ears. I cross my hands and give her a knocking smile.

"Ok ok yeah I heard. I'm so happy for her!" Luz said as she strides over to me. She wraps her arms around me,"you'll have a new mom. How are you feeling?" I didn't know exactly how I was feeling. I was happy that someone I see as my mother is going to join the family. On the other hand I'm a little nervous someone's going to join the family.

"I guess I'm sort of excited but also nervous." I admit as I lean my head on Luz's shoulder. She places a gentle kiss on my forehead. She suddenly stands up,"let's go somewhere. Like you know just go out there. Show me your favorite part of the boiling isles." I reluctantly stand up before nodding. Her smile grows twice as big as she rushes to the door. I follow close behind enjoying the fact that my girlfriend is happy. I love it when she's happy she lights up an entire room by just being there.

"Where to first Ami?" Luz said so much enthusiasm in her voice. She was basically jumping on the spot. I think for a moment and remember a good place. I take Luz's hand in mine and began to drag her to the familiar cave.

"Whoa cave adventure! How did you find this place?" Luz asked as she runs her hands across the cave wall. I draw a spell circle and a little magenta light orb appears. I cradle it in my hands.

"Well I was Um being chased by.... people and I hid in here. I went further into this cave and found something interesting." I explain as I pretend not to notice how Luz's eyes shined a golden color before changing back. I lead her further into the cave and we came across a cavern. It was filled with different colored rocks and gems.

"I studied some of these. The red ones show your worst fears if you look at it. The blue ones have healing properties. The green ones show who is telling the truth. The pink ones work like a love potion." I explain as I gesture to each one. I walk over to the orange ones and stand in front of it. I saw an older looking me and besides me was an older looking Luz. We both were very happy.

"The orange ones show your future. You don't all see the same future. You see somethings from the future." I continue Luz walks up besides me and looks at the rocks. A smile makes its way into her face. Her smile turns into one of shock.

"You see it too huh?" We both jump at the sound of Eda's voice. I forgot she comes here sometimes. Luz was the first of us to calm down,"Eda what are you doing here?" Eda sits down in front of the orange stones,"I just like it here. It's calming." She comes here more often then I do. She taught me about the stones. Does she know about the other ones?

"Eda can you please tell me about the rest?" I ask as I sit next to her. Luz quickly sits down besides me. She leans on me like a puppy would. I gently run my hand through her hair. Eda smiles at our interactions,"sure."

We talked and talked about the cave. Who used to live there. How these came to be. How these were discovered. We Talked about our favorite ones and our least favorite. By the time we finished it was already nightfall.

"Welp I have to get going see you at home Kid. Say hi to lily for me." Eda shouts as she walks away from the cave. Luz takes my hand in here and we begin to walk to the manor. It was quite but not the bad quite it was a good quite. It was comfortable. Luz walked me up to my door.

"Well fair maiden it seems that we have arrived. Remember I'll come pick you up tomorrow morning." Luz reminds me. I give her an understanding nod. We just stare at each other no more words are needed. I pull her into a gentle kiss,"love you Luz." She leans her forehead against mine,"I love you more."

"Do you know the actual reason Eda goes to that cave?" Luz asked. I give her a nod,"she goes there to see the orange stones. There her favorite, but she's also afraid of them.How did you know she was lying?" Luz smiles at me before creasing my face gently,"your ears. They twitch when you're lying." She presses a small kiss on my nose before pulling away.

"Good night Miss.Blight see you tomorrow morning. You better actually sleep." She sends me a fake suspicious look before blowing me a kiss,"love you!" I lean against my door. Smiling like an idiot.

"I love you too." I mumble I gently open the door. Lilith was about to exit the house when I bump into her,"sorry Lilith. Hey how did it go?" I ask hoping she was happy but by the look on her face I could tell it wasn't so good.

"She said no. Well not yet at least." Lilith explains,"I'll see you Tomorrow Amity." Lilith was away I reach my hand out to ask her the questions that filled my head but she was too far. I go upstairs a little dejected when I hear soft sobs Coming from my mom's room. I gently open the door.

She was crying holding her head in her hands

She was crying holding her head in her hands. There was a letter besides her with my name on it. She wipes at her eyes before her grabbing the letter and putting it in her drawer. She walks back and sits down on her bed. I give a soft knock on the door.

"Amity dear how long have you been there?" She asks as she wipes at her eyes again. I walk over to her and sit besides her on her bed,"may I ask why you declined Lilith's proposal?" She takes a few breath.

"In due time I'll tell you my dear. Now you need to wake up early tomorrow to go to the human realm." She responds I pout at her response. She ruffles my hair a little before placing a gentle kiss on my head,"patients mittens patients." She gets up and walks me to my room.

"Make sure to actually get some rest mittens." She places a small kiss on my forehead,"good night mittens." I mumble a small goodnight as I enter my room and prepare to 'sleep'