Chapter 33

Luz POV

I carry a sleepy Amity up the stairs and towards my room. I gently place her on my bed pulling the sheets up to her chin. I gently crease her face brushing some hair away from her face. A smile grows on my face as she nuzzles into the pillow.

"Your late kiddo." Eda says gently careful not to wake Amity. I look up at her to see that my mom was besides her,"I know but the look on her face is worth whatever punishment you have for me." I press a gentle kiss to her forehead.

"You'll be collecting wood tomorrow. We're going to make a camp fire tomorrow." Eda states as she walks over to me. She gently ruffles my hair a small proud smile on her face. My mom smiles at our interaction. She walks over and places a kiss on my head.

"Buenas noches mi hija(good night my daughter)" mom says before taking Eda's hand in her own and leading her out of the room. I quickly make my way downstairs to get a glass of water when I see that Gus and Zora  we're asleep on the couch.

There goes my 20 bucks

There goes my 20 bucks. I shake my head in amusement before going upstairs. I gently place the water on the nightstand. I head to the bathroom and begin my night routine. I stay a little longer staring at some of the scars that were in my stomach. I quickly put on a shirt and head back to my room.

"Luz." Amity says in a sleepy voice. I turn my attention to the catpire. She rubbed at her eyes. She made grabby hands asking for me to go over there. I gently climb into bed and wrap my arms around her waist pulling her closer to me. She drew small circles on my arm but slowly but surely she fell asleep again. I gently pull her closer finally allowing sleep to take over.

I woke up to a gentle shake on my shoulder. I look around sleepily to see that it was Amity. She had a worried look on her face. My attention was fully on her now. Did she get hurt? Is she okay?

"Can you...can you lead me to the bathroom?" She asks a little bashfully. I give her a small nod a little happy that she wasn't hurt. We get out of the bed and I lead her to the bathroom. She spent a few moments in there when she spoke through the door.

"Luz can you get me my bag? And maybe a towel?" She asks I make a confused look as I answered,"ok I'll be right back." I quickly get what she needs before heading back to the bathroom. I gently knock on the door. She swiftly takes them saying a small thank you. I hear her turn on the shower. I gently sit on the floor leaning my head back. I'm just going to rest my eyes while she finishes up.

I feel someone gently shaking my shoulder with one hand the other creasing my face. I open my eyes to see that Amity and finish.

"Let's get you to bed." Amity says as we walk back to the room. She places the towel on the area she was laying down on before laying down herself. I knew why. I crawl onto bed and look at the girl in front of me.

"Are you okay?" I ask as I gently brush some of her hair from her faces she gives me a small nod before nuzzling into my neck. I wrap my arms around her pulling her closer. She hums a small song that sounded familiar. She gently creases my face before pressing a small kiss on my nose,"good night." I mumble a good night as I let sleep consume me.

-time skip-

My brain decided to wake me up at 8:30 am I'm okay with that since I have to get my punishment over with. I pull my shirt over my head. It's to hot for a freaking shirt. I tie it onto my belt strap before picking up the axe. I could tell Eda was looking at me. same goes for my mom. I let Amity sleep a little since she was so tired. I pick up some of the wood and put it on the patio. I go back out to get more wood. I had collected so far 45 logs of wood so far. The limits 50.

"Hey kid have something to drink you might pass out." Eda shouts as she walks up to me. She hands me a water bottle. I give her a great full smile before taking a long swig from the bottle. Eda ruffles my hair before heading back inside. I quickly finish up and carry the last 5 logs to the patio. I wedge the axe into the near by log.

"Thank you mi hija(my daughter) go see if Gus would like to sleep on the air mattress now." Mom says I give her a kiss on her cheek,"por supuestos lo haré(of course I'll do it)" I walk up to the couch and gently shake Gus.

"Hey Gus there's a mattress where you can sleep upstairs. You can head up there if you want." I say he gives me a nod before gently shaking Zora. I walk Up the stairs and head to my room. When I enter I see Amity in one of my hoodies curled up under the blankets. She pulls the hood over her head covering her face.

"Good morning Amity. How are you feeling today?" I kneel in front of the her. She peeks out a small blush on her face,"I'm okay how w-was your mor-morning?" I gently pull of the hood,"well it's really hot out and I had to get some wood. I was planning on checking on you before heading out to shower." I explain as I get up from the floor. I pull out the new clothing I'll wear. I press a gentle kiss on her head as I head for the door.

"Make sure to go downstairs I'm pretty sure moms making breakfast." I say before complete leaving. I hear some soft shuffling and the door gently close. I send her a smile before peeking into where Gus and Zora are staying. They were both cuddling on the mattress. I smile at them before heading to the bathroom.