6. Unexpected Peace and Piece

HER

He was taking quite a while and Zen just wanted to disappear. She was confused as to why he seemed to be moving almost as if he had been slowed down or even frozen.

Was he also surprised...

But why is he even here?! How?! And he doesn't seem to have come with anyone...

Does he think I followed him in...?

I didn't... I...

Is he also tongue tied... but why...

Don't tell me he will just leave... gross...

He is probably just surprised...

She tried to reinforce the last point in her mind, but she also realized that she was still having her hands under running water.

HIM

This isn't how I usually am... I am shy... but not so bad that would make anyone regret interrupting by just being around...

Why... she has been so polite even when we came in... and I can't even be nice...

Gosh... I'm such a jerk... I can't even greet her... it's obvious that I know that she's there...

She's quiet too though... she must be shy...

Yet she managed to greet us there... even in Korean... goshh...

I still haven't...

I haven't moved...

I haven't acknowledged her...

"oh- h-hi-" he stammered out, mentally cursing himself as he quickly turned reached for the tap, turning it.

"Hello, annyeonghassimnikka" she spoke, softly even with a slight bow, and I could feel my lips turning upwads in a smile. She didn't seem crazy.

HER

"Uhm the tap... it's the other way... that side is the hot one... watch your hands!" She suddenly belted out. Her mind seemed to manage it in Korean and she hoped he understood because he was almost putting his hands under the water that locked s steaming hot.

I felt my face heat up as my hands had subconsciously reached out tostop him before he got hurt.

My heart hammered hard in my chest as I pulled back my hand.

HIM

She had him surprised and he froze. His eyes scanned and to neither one's surprise, he had turned the tap the wrong way and it flowed, steaming. He also was impressed that she didn't seem to hesitate to speak in Korean. His brain analysed it up to find hardly a theoretical or pronunciational error, but the only thing he saw was that she didn't have the native touch, which told him she probably never spoke to a native before.

He realized he was still holding her gaze. His blush intensified under his mask as he turned the tap to the temperature he hoped would be fine. It turned out a tad cold, but he didn't want to look fussy. It hit him again. Inside, he didn't want to mess up around her.