24. Mysteries Galore

HER

She dreamt, waking up an hour earlier than usual. Wiping off the sweat beading on her forehead she froze when she felt herself being hugged.

Wha- no way-

I didn't lock the door...

She smiled and hugged her till the grip around her loosened and she slipped out to the terrace to read her journal.

She must have come to visit...

Well... I hope I didn't ruin her sleep...

She sighed deeply, pushing her worries aside and getting deeper into the lyrics.

So many people analyse it on YouTube, but maybe I'll wake everyone up... I'm going to do this myself...

She was engrossed in it, wincing when the sun popped out and interrupted hed flow, but she finished the last point she'd inferred and walked back in with her journal under her hoodien tucked into the waistband of her shorts.

Azia was still asleep as she hid it back and ran downstairs, doing mental math on how many mugs she would need for coffee and who all preferred tea.

Bopping along she also ended up mixing batter for waffles. Suddenly stopping when she heard some backing vocals that she hadn't heard even once till then.

I hope you can hear me...

After she was sure of it from replaying it she began to look through it for more. Distracted and nearly burning a couple of waffles she managed to set up the table as the first few began coming downstairs.

She ran back up to call the rest before breakfast cooled.

"You disappeared.."

"Sorry... I happen to wake up at 4...
Did you rest well? "

"Enough to dream of him"

Zen laughed and shook her head. Folding yp the blanket and heading back downstairs as Azia went to get ready.

The morning was smooth with general conversation until she said it.

"You must have cried... you can understand the lyrics too...
You know

His-"

"No- I mean I did hear it and it was super deep as always, but I didn't really have a fit- as always-"

Elle sniggered before dragging Zen's other cousin, her sister, out with her.

Awkwaarrrrdddd....

"Hey... don't be..."
:|

She shook her head and smiled when she tried to replicate her blank face.

"That's a cute expression tho"
:3

And it made her copy her pout.

"Why... though..."