21. Appreciate What You Have Today

HUSBAND IN LAW

HUSBAND IN LAW

↠❛appreciate what you have today❜↞
(Y/N)

"Go on, I'm liking the show," Hoseok got up and placed a 10 dollar bill on my hand, "For the acting."

Biryeom and Jungkook then looked at the money placed on my hand, totally baffled before turning their heads to Hoseok who was still grinning.

Biryeom's grip was less tighter than Jungkook so, the latter took advantage of it and pulled me away from him.

"Aha!" Jungkook exclaimed making me flinch.

-

Jungkook and I were now back home from the conference. It was one hell of a day and my back seriously hurt badly.

"I'll freshen up, then come inside my room," Jungkook cleared his throat.

I gave him a questioning look, not understanding why he was calling me to his room.

"Why would I come to you room?"

"We are married. Couples are supposed to be sleeping in one room," Jungkook almost rapped it out before sprinting off to his room, leaving me all devastated at how cute he was.

I took a shower and then walked to his room before knocking on his bedroom door. I fiddled with my fingers and found myself getting all worked and sweaty.

Wasn't it too hot in here.

"Hmm?"

I heard him humming in a deep raspy voice, making me feel the whole zoo in my stomach. I lightly slapped myself at that.

Stupid bitch, it's just a normal activity.

I twisted the doorknob and entered the room while clearing my throat. There he lay, on the bed, the blankets wrapped around him. I gulped when my eyes fell at his biceps.

"Do you...work out a lot?"

I wanted to yeet myself away from the earth and to some place from where I couldn't ever come back. Jungkook softly chucked at it before patting the space next to him. I nodded, embarrassed and then went to him.

"Yes, I do," Jungkook replied, before leaning in and kissing my cheek.

This time, I stood there frozen with my lips slightly parted instead of flinching.

"You're so cute!" He screeched before cupping my cheeks tightly and kissing my face all over, "You had a long day today, let's sleep."

"Yeah," I replied, sliding under the blankets. I noticed something which made me scream.

"Put on your fucking pants, oh my god!" I yelled at the top of my lungs and covered my eyes.

"The rumour is true, I sleep naked."

"I ain't staying in this room then!"

"Come on it's not like you haven't seen it before on anyone," he paused and brought his face closer to mine and examined it, "Are you telling me that you're a virgin?"

The burners of his lips tugged up to form a smirk.

"What to you mean? Of course I fucked guys before!" I lied.

"Sure. We'll see about this experience of yours later," he scoffed before putting on his pants, my back facing him now.

-

(Jungkook)

I hugged myself tighter. It was happening again. The fear was back again. I didn't want to be left alone again.

Y/N was currently asleep beside me and I couldn't sleep yet. I sat up straight and opened the second drawer of my side table.

Found them. I smiled in relief and threw two of those pills in my mouth. I hadn't taken them in a few weeks but now, it seemed like I needed them again. They were for my insomnia. It had started back when I was in high school, aged 16. I dreamed of that very scene that still haunted me. Not being loved. Only being neglected.

I had cracked my head open when I was 16 and my father knew about it but didn't even visit me once in the hospital. He didn't even let mom know about it until I recovered and had started going back to school. From what I could remember, the servants were the only people who were around me. I was always neglected, despite being the only child.

Just then, Y/N stirred in her sleep and my heart warmed up at her little figure rolling towards me, of course unbeknownst to her mind.

"There there," I cooed and opened my arms for her to get in.

My one arm was placed under her head for support while the other was hugging her. I felt nothing but warmth at that moment. Being with her surprisingly calmed me down no matter how much of a hard day I was having.

|next day|

"Sir, Chairman Jeon has called for you."

And that's how I found myself happily waddling to his office, feeling excited that he was calling me himself after so many days. I just craved for his affection. I knocked and waited patiently for his response.

It was like 10 minutes before he answered but, it was fine as he was my dad. I smiled to myself.

"Hi dad-"

He cut me off and immediately cut to the chase.

"Divorce Y/N and marry Kang Yunhee, daughter of the Dankang industries."

***Sorry for not updating yesterday babsbdbdb, but here we go

***
Sorry for not updating yesterday babsbdbdb, but here we go. I am honestly struggling with school so please forgive me if the updates are late. I can't possibly update everyday if I have like 4 tests a day, but, I try to :).

So, please forgive this struggling bitch.

I love you all!!!!