23. Don't Want To Lose You, Ever

HUSBAND IN LAW

HUSBAND IN LAW

↠❛don't want to lose you, ever
(jungkook)

That's when I knew that I never wanted to lose her. This would sound so cringey, but she was the cause of my euphoria. Every moment that I spent with her felt like a drug that was given to be to escape reality and I just wanted more and more of that drug.

"Fine," Yunhee stomped her feet angrily on the ground before walking away, very unlikely of someone so clingy like her.

"Y/N," I spoke in a low voice as I got up, on my feet, "Are you hungry?"

She knitted her eyebrows, a tiny confused smile almost making it's way to her lips, "Yes."

She probably wasn't expecting me to say something like that, but as always, I, Jeon Jungkook, was really unpredictable. I intervened my fingers with her before returning a smile and running to a nearby food stall selling corn.

"Two sweet corn, please!" Y/N ordered, excited and fished out her wallet from the pocket of her pants.

Anybody would've laughed at how her face scrunched up as soon as she saw water dripping from the money that she took out from her wallet. I chuckled at lightly flicked her forehead.

"We don't have money!" Y/N whispered in my ears and I grinned as an idea had just passed through my mind.

"We can still have our food," I told her before turning the woman who was selling the corn.

"Our money is all drenched in water. How else can we pay? Would credit cards work?" I asked her and he just shook her head, laughing.

"Have you ever seen a mere stall in the outskirts taking payments with cards? I don't have the machine or whatever is needed for that."

"What do we do now?" I asked, not getting what she was trying to get at.

"Help me sell these and that's how you get your meal," she pointed at the stacks of corn in her bowls.

I grinned and nodded my head, agreeing.

"Y/N, let's get to work!" I said as I put on apron and tossed one over to her.

-

"Thank you. Goodbye!" Y/N waved at the woman but as she wasn't looking at where she was going, she tripped on her own feet.

Thankfully, I grabbed her arm before her face could hit the ground, but her sweet corn ended up going down the gutter.

"Oh no," she whined and I shrugged.

"Here, have this," I offered her mine from which I taken a few bites previously.

She grinned at me before munching on it slowly, both of us sharing it. We kept on walking as the rain had stopped now and also becuase I wanted to cherish the moments of my life with Y/N.

"I have to tell you something," I coughed out.

"Go on," she said while munching on the corn, not even knowing what was about to come.

"My dad told me to divorce you and marry Yunhee."

And that's how the other corn also went down the gutter, Y/N's mouth agape at what I had just said.

"Oh," she let out, hurt.

Did I want to lose her?

"Y/N."

No, never.

"I am not doing what he told me to. I choose my own path and make my own decisions."

With that being said, I saw her face light up and even before I could process it, she engulfed me into a tight hug.

"We are in this together."

***All of you are too nice

***
All of you are too nice. You all tell me to not worry about updates and be so nice. That makes me worry more about uodating just in case I am being a bad author and not giving you all the damn chapter.

This book is finally getting the recognition and I am happy for it even though it's nlt really my favoutite book (my favourite book is SEOUL FLAVOUR). But, thank you so much for all the love and support.

Love, Alfisha 💫