22. I've Got Your Back

HUSBAND IN LAW

HUSBAND IN LAW

↠❛i've got your back❜↞
(jungkook)

I repeatedly coughed and then gave him a very confised look, thinking that I had heard it wrong.

"Yes, it is what you heard. Divorce your wife. Or, keep both women. It's the best for you," my father sepeated those repellent words which made my heart ache.

"You cannot possibly be telling me to two-time, are you?" I gritted her teeth in anger and balled up my fists.

"Don't do anything on your impulse only, Jungkook. Take all the time you want and think carefully so that you don't regret anything in future when you would look back," he finished off, turning his back on me and sipping away the alcohol from the glass that was placed on the table a few seconds ago.

I took this as a sign as if he were dismissing me now, and I walked out of the building, with a feeling that I couldn't yet describe. I felt anger, hatred and wanted to cry my eyes out at the same time. This wasn't how my life should go. This wasn't what I had imagined my adulthood to be!

Disheartened and bewildered by his words, I allowed my legs to take me anywhere they wanted.

The clouds gathered in the once clear and blue sky, making the mood dull. It looked like white cotton candy on a blue canvas and even before people could admire the view, rain came drizzling down. I heard the sound of young high school children in the back, going home with their partners or friends, being all giddy and excited before of the sudden downpour.

The little droplets fell from the edges of my hair and then onto the ground, my shirt sticking to my body because of the rain. Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, my legs gave up on me after a long walk, making my body collapse in the middle of the street.

I sat there, spacing out. A few drivers even yelled at me for sitting in the middle of the road, but I didn't care and my mind couldn't process anything. I was hoping to not black out as I could literally die here, in the middle of nowhere, and my family wouldn't even know.

Soon after, I found my mind drifting off to pondering about my once good memories with Yunhee. We had promised each other that we'd have a family of our own and that I'll help her pursue her dreams of becoming a actress as she didn't want to inherit her father's business. But, it was easy to say as she was the one who had turned her back on me right on our wedding day. She had chosen her career over our countless promises.

Just then, I felt the rain stop and a shade over my head had suddenly appeared. My vision was still blurry due to the tears brimming in my eyes, but I could still make it out to be a woman holding an umbrella over my head, ignoring the fact that she was getting all drenched herself.

"Jungkook! I have been following you! What would happen if I didn't?" Another person appeared, looking all frustrated.

Upon rubbing my eyes, it was none other than Kang Yunhee and the one holding the umbrella was Ji Y/N.

"Then, I would've found him just like I did now, before you," Y/N replied, shooting a menacing glare at her direction and never in my whole life have I ever felt so proud to have someone like this in my life.

***
I updated after so many days. I am sorry. It is because at first, I was busy with school and facing a writer's block. But, since the last few days, I have been having a bad fever. I am taking antibiofics for COVID-19 and my health is being restored now.

Thank you for waiting. I love all of you, even though there are only a few of you guys.

Love, Alfisha.