CHAPTER THIRTEEN

I noticed that some of my classmates looked from Asher to Caden.

"P-pardon?" Sir Hermosa asked.

"Yes you heard it right po. We are sorry because that is one of our school's award na sana. Umasa po kasi kaming makakapasok kami, lalo grabe ang ensayo namin nitong nakaraan. Then it all turned out like this. Well, better luck next time," Asher started to walk through his seat. "At sana sa susunod wala nang nang-iiwan sa ere."

Tumikhim siya at makahulugang ngumisi bago tuluyang umupo.

We all knew that without Asher mentioning any name, si Caden ito.

I was left dumbfounded not until a thunderous shout brought me back to life.

"How dare yo-" before I could finish my words she motioned me to look outside with her mouth.

Halos hindi ko makita kung ano ang tinutukoy niya dahil lahat ng mga kaklase ko ay nakaharang na sa pintuan at maging sa mga bintana.

"Grabe, baka tanggalin na siya ni coach!"

"Nakita mo ba 'yung itsura ni coach kanina?"

"Punong-puno na si coach sa kan'ya for sure!"

With my jaw dropped, I looked back to Farah and as our eyes met, she then nodded as a sign that she already got what I'm trying to say.

I excused myself to the people blocking my way as I ran and tried to search for Caden. I went to the gym, field, and even to their headquarters but they're really nowhere to be found.

As my adrenaline rush fading out, I decided to go back because I know any moment now the bell will already ring.

I walked through the corridor with a heavy heart and every step is like a stab in my chest.

I know I shouldn't react this way but how can I knowing that I ruined his passion?

He was known for being one of the best basketball player here, hindi naman siguro siya bibigyan ng offer ni coach kung hindi, 'di ba? I saw him play and you can tell, with the determination he's giving out, he really loves what he does.

Fights over petty things sometimes lead to ill-fated outcomes,

-but I'm not saying na dahil nag-inarte ako ay nahantong na ang mga bagay sa ganito. No. There's deeper than that. If only I thought more competently hindi ko sana siya hinayaan na unahin ako kaysa sa totoong prioridad niya. I know his priorities and I don't want to interfere with those, I'm already contented being on his side. What he's giving me right now is more than what I've asked for.

Life is not a game, it is a must to weigh down things before deciding for real. This should be applied by everybody to every single circumstance in our daily lives.

Habang pabigat nang pabigat ang mga hakbang ko, nakarinig ako ng mga nagtatalong boses. When I finally reached and confirmed where it is and who they are, my heart melted.

"I'm very much disappointed with you, Mercado. I can't believe you are saying and doing all these things."

"It's all the truth, coach. Basketball was once my priority, now, she is my priority. I'm sorry to disappoint you."

My knees trembled, I managed to take a step backwards thinking twice if I should go now or should I wait for them to come out.

Hindi ko na naintindihan kung ano man ang sumunod na mga pinag-usapan nila, ang alam ko lang tuluyan na talaga akong lumayo nang narinig ko ang huling mga salita niya.

"She was there for me when I needed someone the most, I can't bear to not be with her when she needs someone too. I don't care what about it or how shallow it is, I just need to be with her everytime she feels like it and needs me."

I didn't got to attend our class anymore even though there's still 2 more subjects to go.

I texted our driver to just come and pick me up. After a couple of minutes, I'm already home.

I waited for the dark and started to write.

Dear Diary,

I don't know what to do anymore. Hiniling ko lang naman na mapalapit sa kan'ya, hindi iyong ganito. Sadyang mapaglaro lang siguro talaga ang panahon, hindi natin alam kung anong sunod na gagawin at dadalhin nito. Diary, help me sort things out.

-Solhera.

What I really love about the night is the peace that I'm getting from it and of course the moon that only shows up at that time, the one who gives me hope.

In a short period of time, I haven't exactly sorted things out. Only one thing is for sure,

I'm scared.

I'm scared that I can be the one who would kill his determination and the one who would take him off from his passion.

I'm scared that I can sacrifice his love for me, only for us and for the things around us to be all fine.

I'm scared that we can lose each other.

I'm scared that one of us would be the reason for the downfall of the other one.

But above all, I'm really scared that we can poison and destroy each other.