CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

"Have you slept well?" a husky voice from somewhere said.

I startled and glared at Caden who's standing beside the door and laughing while his hands are on his chest.

"Get out, please." I said not looking at him.

I felt him getting nearer to me. I pulled the comforter and hid myself there.

"Bakit ayaw mong magpakita sa'kin, mahal ko?" he said teasingly.

"Please Caden, stop." I said trying to hide the embarrassment.

"Come on! Show me what you got!" he mimicked and then laughed hardly again.

I pulled off the thing that's covering me and then immediately stood up. I was one step closer to the door when he held my wrist.

"Good morning, Solhera." he said then planted a kiss on my forehead and hugged me after.

With that, all the embarrassment faded away.

"Anak, bilisan mo!" I heard mommy shouting downstairs.

Kanina pa ako nakabihis, hinihintay ko lang talaga na dumating si Caden.

That 2 weeks vacation was enough, I could say. It's too short but when you're with your loved ones, sadly it's more shorter. Pero kahit na, sobra ko namang na enjoy. Probably one of the best Christmas vacation I've ever had!

I glanced at my wrist watch and it's already 8 AM. Babalik na kami ni Farah ng Maynila ngayon, 7:30 AM ang call time namin pero dahil wala pa din naman siya, hindi muna ako bumaba.

Caden and I talked last night, we actually savored all our free time this whole span of time. He said that he'll be there at 7 AM too but until now there's still no trace of him. I tried to text him but he's not texting back naman.

I heard knocks on my door. "Ano ba, Aruzel?"

I took a deep breath because my mother was now pissed off.

I got the lipstick on my vanity table and acted like I'm still doing my make-up.

"You're taking so long!" she said as soon as she opened the door.

"Mom, bababa na rin po ako." I answered.

"Aba! Bilisan mo, kanina pa nandiyan si Farah hindi lang makaakyat dahil kasama niya ang mama niya!" she said very pissed off. "Bumaba kana!"

I watched her back and felt defeated. I tried to call Caden a couple of times more but there are still no answers from him.

"Hello po, Tita." I greeted as I kiss Tita Ruby.

"You look very fresh, hija!" she pleased me.

I smiled and said thank you before turning to Farah.

"Hey, sorry to keep you waiting." I said as I hug and kiss her.

"It's okay, aren't we going late na?" she asked.

I smiled weakly.

"Is this about him?" she asked with a sympathetic look.

"Never mind." I said and smiled fakely I motioned her that we should already go but she didn't moved. "Stop with that look, Farah! Tara na!"

I bid my goodbye to my Mom and Dad before going inside our car. Dad was supposed to drive for us but he has an appointment so the driver just took care of it.

I was reading silently but no words were sinking in on my mind. I also almost totally forgot about Farah! I only remembered her when she spoke! What the hell is with me!

"Aru, okay ka lang ba?" she asked like she's measuring my mood.

"I'm sorry! I was just hooked up with the story!" I answered trying to hide my true feelings.

She shot her brow up. "Really? Is that book good when turned upside down? I thought that's the book you've hated the most?"

Now I am doomed.

I let out a deep sigh. When I looked at her, I saw the sadness in her eyes.

"Nag-away ba kayo o dahil sa hindi siya sumipot?" she asked.

"He said he'll be there but it's okay. Baka hindi lang nagising or may emergency." I said sounding to convince myself.

"Right. Emergency lang siguro." she whispered to herself but I still heard.

"What do you mean?"

Her lips parted.

"Wala, basahin mo nalang 'to!" she answered cheerfully and pointed at my book.

"Farah."

She sighed. "I saw him out earlier."

What the hell?

"Nung papunta kami, nakita ko siya."

"Saan naman?" I asked.

Sana manlang sinabi niya sa'kin kung may importanteng bagay pala siyang dapat unahin.

"Palabas ng coffee shop kanina eh." she answered.

I turned my gaze to the window. What should he be doing in a coffee shop kung pwede namang sa bahay na magkape? I could even make him a frappe at home!

I stared through the window with a beautiful view and almost drowned with it when Farah tried to caught my attention.

"Aru, kasi," when I looked at her, she shifted her gaze. "I saw him with a girl."

"Oh." only words I said.

It's okay, I shouldn't go first with overthinking. For sure he has an explanation, I'll just wait for it.

I never said anything about it again, Farah tried to strike a random conversation and I just rode on.

I felt a soft hand gently tapping my cheeks. "Aru, we're here na."

I slowly opened my eyes and saw that we're already at the parking lot of our condo building.

When we arrived we ordered some foods and just slept on our own rooms after.

'"I'm sorry Solhera, but I'm breaking up with you."'

Napabalikwas ako at ramdam na ramdam ko ang bilis ng tibok ng puso ko.

What the hell is that dream!?

No! No! It's just a dream, calm your shit out, Aru!

I am breathing deeply when my phone rang.

"Hello, mahal ko." he greeted.

"Hello." I answered trying to sound normal.

"I'm sorry," he said weakly. "I'm really sorry, mahal."

"It's okay ano ka ba? Perhaps you did some important errands?"

"Dad ordered me to check on the office earlier." he answered.

"Oh? Early in the morning ba and prevented you to use your phone?"

"Opo mahal, he grounded me during that time."

Gustong gusto ko na siyang tanungin tungkol sa nangyari kanina but I want him to open it up without me asking for it.

Caden, please.

"Sorry talaga, I overslept pa kanina." he then said.

What the fuck?

I heard someone calling for him, it's like a voice of a girl.

"Mahal, tawag ulit ako mamaya? May gagawin lang ako. I love you." then he immediately cut off the call.

What the fuck, really?