CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN

Am I being too selfish again?

Kasalanan ba ang matakot? Ang masaktan? Ang maging hindi pa handa?

Thoughts haunted me for these past few days. It's been how many days but the pain is still strong. Sometimes I was wondering, what if I let him explained? Maayos na ba sana kami? And so I will end up blaming myself again for not letting him say his side.

I heard knocks on my door. "Ma'am, kakain na po tayo."

I took a deep sigh and just went downstairs.

Mom hugged me tightly. "Anak! Good morning!"

Ilang araw na rin na ganito ang aking ina, bumabawi siguro sa akin.

I looked at my Dad trying to seek help because I'm already choking with my Mom's hug. He just then laughed and pulled my mother.

I ordered manang to put just a little serving of food on my plate.

"Tama na 'yan h'wag mo nang bawasan, Manang." my mother interrupted.

"Sige lang po manang, pakitanggal nalang po ito."

Manang looked confused and looked from my mother to me.

"Teka nga, nagbabawas ka ba ng timbang o pinapabayaan mo ang sarili mo, Aruzel?"

Nasamid ako at mabilis naman nila akong binigyan ng tubig. "What do you mean, Mom?"

"Aba! Hindi mo ba napapansin? Ang payat mo na dahil hindi ka kumakain ng tama at nagpapalipas ka pa ng gutom!" she fired. "Look at your skin, hindi na healthy! Tapos ang iyong under eyes! Aruzel umayos ka at nasisira ang iyong magandang pigura!"

Sa sunod-sunod niyang mga salita, ano pa nga ba ang maisasagot ko kung hindi ang pagtango nalang.

"We should go to spa. H'wag ka ngang magpaka-stress. Iyang Caden kasi na 'yan, dios mío por favor!"

Here we go again. Even by just hearing his name hurts me. This is bad.

Silence stretched between the three of us and only the sounds of utensils reigned.

Mom took a deep sigh. "Aruzel,"

She stopped and when I looked at her, I saw my Dad attacking her with his dagger-like stares.

She rolled her eyes and turned her gaze back on me. "Let's go to a spa, anak. And after that, let's go to the office. They want to see you again so I guess this is the perfect time."

With her tone, there's no way na hahayaan niya akong hindi sumama sa kan'ya.

"Deal?"

My mouth was still half opened and I was still about to answer when she said,

"It's a deal then!"

I knew it though.

"Ma'am ang ganda naman pala ng anak mo!" pleased by the spa owner.

Mom flipped her hair. "Saan pa ba magmamana?"

They both laughed and they talked for a while so I just decided to start whatever makeover is this.

"Ma'am let's go, start na po natin ang and facial treatment niyo." the lady said with a sweet smile.

After an hour, the lady announced that we're already finished and I should now proceed on the foot and hand massage.

I spent how many lazy hours and then finally, I am already done!

"Perfect!" my mother pleased with sparkles on her eyes.