CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

Upon withdrawing with our hug, I saw how Caden weighed my reaction.

He pulled my back that left only an inch between us.

"Hmm, it's okay." he said softly.

Hay, why does his voice sounds like a lullaby in my ears, is it even normal?

He continued to whisper those words as I closed my eyes and savored the moment.

But that precious moment ended when we heard a baritone voice at our side.

"You two are being summoned to the Guidance Office."

I startled and immediately distanced myself to Caden but when I took a glance at him, I saw how his jaw clenched.

I followed his line of sight and there I met a pair of eyes, cold eyes to be exact that are intently looking at mine.

I took a look back at Caden and he's red as tomato now, I automatically joined him.

"Stay calm," I said as I held his hand. "Stay calm."

I shifted my gaze to the man who just interrupted us.

"Ano-"

"You're welcome, I just saved you two from the Guidance Officer who's about to catch you violating our school's rules and regulations. Next time, do it privately." he coldly said before he walked away.

"That Ass-sher!" I glared at him.

"Your mouth, Caden!"

"What? It is true!" he growled. "That pure ass, Asher!"

Imbes na mainis ay natawa nalang ako bago ko siya hinila para makauwi na kami.

On our way home, I can't stop thinking about how Asher acted earlier. Is it true? Then why is he mad? Hay, Kara. Look at what you did to him. Kara? Yes, Kara again.

"Baby,"

I startled. I looked at him and noticed that we're already home.

What the hell? Am I really that pre-occupied by that thing? I frowned and about to leave the car when Caden grabbed my hand.

"What's bothering you?"

I weakly smiled. "Nothing. Let's go, we'll continue our talk."

When that girl crossed my mind, my decision to take the risk messed up.

There's still unsaid explanation about him and her. Should I force him to tell me about it? Alam kong hindi ako mapapanatag kung hindi niya sasabihin 'yon, pero ayaw ko naman na ngayon palang ay nagdududa na' ko sa kan'ya. If I'll enter a relationship that's full of questions, they would eventually be answered all. But if I'll enter a relationship without my full trust, we'll just produce a chaotic one.

Bakit ba kasi ang komplikado? Alam ko na kapag sumugal ka wala naman talagang kasiguraduhan pero hindi naman ako makakapayag na sumabak ng walang alas.

That ace would only be mine once Caden confess to me if what happened to him and Kara before.

All in all, I am so sure. I am sure that he truly loves me. I am sure that he's into me. But there's one fact I can't deny, what if he loved someone before me? And what if it's Kara? What if Kara did loved him too?

With her messages months ago, with Asher's statement that they've met, and the way she secretly stole glances to my Caden that I only noticed weeks ago, what if they did loved each other and Kara wants to work it out again? Am I going to be left behind again? Ako ba ang maiiwang talunan?