CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE

"Are you sure, Aru?" my best friend asked.

I rolled my eyes on her.

Akala naman niya hindi ko alam na gustong-gusto niya.

I then motioned them to go. "Sige na, quality-time niyo 'yan!"

They pulled me with them here at a mall, hindi ko naman alam na dapat pala ay magdadate sila at naawa lang sila sa akin na mag-isa sa condo. Me being a cooperative friend, I did what I think Farah wants me to do.

"Take care, princess!" she kissed me on the cheeks then waved her hands as she walk away from me with her new love.

She's with Jerico, he was a good man and it's so cool because he's a Taekwondo blackbelter! I just hope that he wouldn't hurt my best friend because when he do, I'm the one who'll give him a flying kick!

I was window-shopping when I passed by on a party supplies boutique.

It seems like my feet has their on minds and I just then found myself on the counter paying for all those stuffs I got.

I was smiling while the cashier was punching the balloons, the banner, the artificial backdrop and all those little cute things.

"Thank you for shopping ma'am." their guard said as I went out of the shop.

While walking, I already decided what I will be going to give him as my present.

I went to the most famous school supplies shop then got a very beautiful photo album that I could customise. I got some pens and markers too.

My tummy then rumbled. I checked my wrist watch and it's already 1:00 o'clock in the afternoon.

"I want pasta." I whispered to myself.

I saw a resto that's offering my cravings and then I smiled.

"Hay, Caden. Miss na kita." I then whispered to myself as I go inside.

I ordered the same food I had with Caden nung minsan na dinalaw niya ako at dito rin kami kumain. Miss ko na siya kaya kahit sa ganito lang, at least the memories are there kaya parang nandito na rin siya.

As soon as I can take the last bite, my eyes widened in shock.

"Si George iyon ah?"

I know that the world was small but I never thought that this small! Ang alam ko ay sa Laguna siya nag-aaral ah, ano naman kayang ginagawa niya dito?

I took my last bite feeling uneasy because I can feel that from my peripheral vision, there's someone that is watching me.

When I fixed myself, I already had the courage to turn my gaze on my side.

I was then again got stunned.

Why is this man kept on making me feel stunned?

He's leaning on the top of his crossed hands looking so so so amazi-

I shook my head a little, cut the shit Aruzel!

A smirk formed on his lips then she withdraw his attention from me, he just then focused on the woman infront of her.

What the hell? He travelled from the province to here just to date a woman inside a mall? God! Unbelievable!

'Duh, para namang sa mamahaling resto rin kayo nag-date ni Caden ah?'

I shook my head again then gathered my things.

I stood up and didn't even bothered to look at him one last time. I shouldn't meddle with his business. I shouldn't care with him.

I went to a photo studio then had our photos developed.

"Got y'all!" I said as I smile while looking at these paper bags I am holding.

3 days from now, Caden and I will celebrate our 1st Anniversary. I want it to be special so I decided to pull a surprise for him. Pangbawi ko nalang din sa mga maling hinala ko sa kan'ya.

As soon as I got home, the first thing I did was to call him.

"Hello!" I excitedly greeted over the phone.

I heard murmurs I didn't understand.

"H-hello?" an angelic voice from a girl greeted me. "Aruzel, ikaw pala!"

I halted. Why the hell that a girl picked up my call using my man's phone!?

I took a deep breath then answered as I tried to control my voice. "Hmm excuse me but who is this?"

She laughed. Why does even her laugh sounds so angelic? "This is Kara, I'm sorry I answered his phone na. He left it to me earlier kasi, Tito and Caden was on a closed meeting pa eh."

Napatango nalang ako.

"Hello, Aruzel? Still there?" she asked after a moment of silence.

"Uh yes, sorry! Maybe I'll just wait for him to call nalang. Thank you ha?"

"Sure, I'll let him know." she answered.

I was about to hang up when she spoke. "Aruzel?

"Hmm?"

"I'm sorry." then I heard her let out some sighs. "I know apologising over the phone was not that formal but please know that I really am sorry. I don't intend to be the cause of your fight. I just had an emergency and Caden is the only one that was able to join and comfort me. Aruzel, we've been friends since we were child and he's the only one I had since then. Please Aruzel, just this once. I know my limits and I wouldn't do anything that would leave a scratch on our friendship and on your relationship. Please accept my apologies."

We bid our goodbyes and after a couple of minutes, I was still left dumbfounded.

I already forgave Caden for keeping it a secret and with Kara telling me her side, I knew I just did the right decision.

Hindi ko naman ipagdadamot si Caden, hindi ako ganoong klase ng karelasyon. If someone needs him, then sure I'll let him do what he wanted to do. I trust him and I know that every move he does, he have a corresponding explanation that wouldn't hurt me. I know he only does things because he knew that it was for the best. He was born a good man and so I understand everything he chooses to do. I'll support him no matter what.

I know he loves me more than I could imagine and so I love him dearly for whoever he is.