CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

I am smiling widely infront of my diary. As I read the signs that I wrote, I can't help but to smile wider.

Caden surprised me unexpectedly, he opened up about his past with Kara, and lastly, the rain poured. Those are exactly what I had written and I had waited to happen.

"Finally." I murmured.

I decided to go to sleep when I heard a knock on my door.

Ilang katok pa bago marahan nitong iniluwa ang aking ina.

I ran towards her and hugged her tight. "Mom,"

"My baby is growing up, hay. I'm glad because you finally chose to be happy," she hugged me back but then she made me face her immediately. "Sana sigurado ka anak bago mo pinasok ito, though I know that Caden is a nice man, I just can't bare to see you hurting because of him. So, I hope he wouldn't hurt you as much as you wouldn't hurt him too."

"I'm pretty sure, Mom."

"Hmm, yes I trust you, the both of you. Know your limitations, okay? Your Dad and I are here to keep an eye with you two but don't dare to cross the borders, huh?"

I chuckled. "Of course, Mom."

That night, I slept peacefully happy.

"Aru, let's start reviewing na. Kung hindi tayo magsisimula ngayon, magka-cram tayo."

I acted to bring the envelope back into my bag but before I could, Farah snatched it.

She eyed me suspiciously but I just rolled my eyes. We're here at the school garden preparing to eat but here's my best friend trying to argue with me.

"You! Ang tagal na kitang kinukulit dito ha, Aruzel! Bakit ba ayaw mong magsimula na tayo? For God's sake! Future mo ang nakataya dito!"

I sighed and looked into her eyes without saying any word.

"May itinatago ka ba sa akin? Tell me, Aru." may pagbabantang sabi niya.

"Ilang months pa naman e-"

"Right, ilang months nalang!"

"You can start without me, Farah."

"What the? You're the one who excitedly passed the requirements for us to take that risk-taking entrance examination and now you are being like this? What gotten into your mind, huh Solhera?"

Agad akong napangiwi dahil narinig ko na ang unang pangalan ko, hudyat na galit na nga ang kaibigan ko.

"Sorry, Farah. It's just that.. I'm still.. undecided."

Sinubukan kong tignan siya ngunit hindi ko kaya kung kayat binagsak ko nalang sa aking mga kamay ang atensyon ko.

"Let's get straight to the point, there is something to do about Caden, right?"

I heard her sighed.

"Look, I'm happy that you finally labelled your relationship but Aruzel, can you risk your future just for him? We envisioned this to happen, us getting qualified to take the exam and us passing it, what now? This is our dream, I'm so sure to pursue it but seeing you being unsure of this? I'm not happy, I am really not." she sighed once again. "I won't let you let this dream of yours stay being just a dream, kaya hanggang kaya ko, ipapamukha ko sayo na hindi mo lang dapat basta-bastang abandunahin ang pangarap mo. Don't let anyone be a hindrance for you to have a better future, for you to achieve your success and for you to get everything good that's on your way."

Kinuha niya ang kamay ko at nilagay ang envelope doon.

"Think about it. Choose wisely." and just like that, she left me.