T W E N T Y - N I N E

(a/n: This chapter might suck so sorry about that

(a/n: This chapter might suck so sorry about that.)

"This just in, Lisa is planning to break in the Encantian palace and take over the throne. She said she only wants her and her only as royalty. Royals are in danger as well as the other immortals. Please do not take the risk of fighting the Chiènans when you don't have the strength, energy, and experience."

Renjun turned the TV off and sighed. "She's coming for us sooner or later. Guards are stricter now and the palace is in high, maximum security." Renjun says. "But that doesn't mean she can't breakthrough. We all know that she's a mastermind." Taeyong continues with a sigh.

"They want to specifically take MinXi so she's the one we must look over the most or else Lisa would easily capture her." Wendy says and we all agreed.

"That's it for tonight. Meeting's over." Renjun announces and the others leave one by one while I stay for a bit. The last person left and closed the door and Renjun sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. I walk towards him and place his hand in mine.

He looked up at me and smiled softly. "You alright Jun?" I asked and he nodded. "Just a little... stressed out." 

I looked down and gulped which Renjun noticed. "Are you scared?" He asked while using his finger to make me face him. "No." I mumbled while shaking my head. "Yeah, you're lying." He says while standing up from his chair and hugging me.

He caressed my hair as I buried my head into his neck. "It's okay. I'm here, your brother's here and your friends are her to protect you. No need to be scared." He said while pulling away from the hug and giving me soft kiss on the cheek.

I gave him a small smile which he returned. "Let's go to sleep. It's been quite a long day." He said with a yawn and I chuckle.

He grabbed my hand and we walked out of the meeting room to his room together. I hopped on his bed and closed my eyes and not long after, I drifted off to dreamland.

Renjun PoV

I walked out of my closet after changing into my pajamas to see MinXi sleeping soundly on my bed. 

She was really tired huh?

I carefully place the blanket over her and pat her head slowly. I gave her kiss on the cheek and a quiet goodnight before walking over to my work desk.

I researched about Lisa and Chiènans and such. "I'm coming." A random voice whispered quietly. I looked behind me, suspecting it was MinXi but she was still peacefully sleeping.

I shook it off and went back to researching. "Huang Renjun..." I shot my head up as I heard the voice once again. I furrowed my eyebrows.

I should probably go to sleep.

I turned the hologram computer off and walked towards the bed. I place my glasses on the bedside table before laying down.

I pulled MinXi closer to me as I tried to sleep. Tried. The whispers kept on taunting me and it wouldn't let me sleep. I forcefully shut my eyes as the voices kept ringing in my head.I cover my ears as the voices kept getting louder.

What the hell is happening?

"Renjun. Renjun!" I opened my eyes to see MinXi's worried face. "You've been breathing heavily, sweating and moving around." She says and the taunting stopped.

I hugged her and she was taken aback but she gave in. "Wanna tell me about it?" "There's voices in my head taunting me nonstop." I explain and she tightened the hug. "What time is it?" I asked breathlessly and she chuckled.

"Its 6am." She says whilst standing up from the bed. I groaned and rubbed my eyes due to tiredness.

It went on for hours!?

I stood up too and ruffled my hair. I walk over to the bathroom and washed my face but as I looked up into the mirror, Lisa was standing there.

I rubbed my eyes and opened them to see nothing but my reflection infront of me.

It's probably just paranoia.

I shook my head and walked out of the bathroom after changing my clothes.
I quickly walked to the dining room where the others were already eating their breakfast.

I sat on a chair and rubbed my eyes which the others noticed. "You have bags under your eyes, Renjun. Did you rest?" Doyoung asked and I shook my head.

"He kept panting and breathing heavily, sweating and moving around throughout the night and he says there are voices taunting him in his head." MinXi explains for me and I gave her a small smile.

The others furrowed their eyebrows at what MinXi said.

Then, Seulgi suddenly shot her head up and widened her eyes as if an idea came to her. "That means that Lisa will-"

And she got cut off by the security alarm ringing and red lights flashing.

____________________

I can't believe this book is ALMOST, just almost, coming to an end.

Since this book is close to ending, I'll probably update this more and that will probably explain the slow updates on 'Runaway'.

Also, this chapter sucked, I didn't back read it and I was rushing a little bit so sorry about that.

____________________