wing grooming [reilo]

Rei glides his fingers across Arlo's wings slowly, fingers curling themselves against the softness of blue feathers. He feels Arlo shudder beneath his touch, breath hitching and aching for his touch. He smiles, leaning in to plant butterfly kisses on the dip of his shoulder down to the base of his wings, the feathers tickling the side of his face.

"You're all flustered." He points out as he drags his other hand down the smooth, pale skin of Arlo's back, tracing the curve of his spine.

"I'm not." Arlo immediately denies, but try as he may, he can't hide the way his voice rasps when Rei softly nibbles on the back of his neck. "Groom my wings already." He adds after clearing his throat.

Rei can see the faint dust of red creeping its way up from the base of his neck to his face. He chuckles and picks up the preening tool he had forgotten in favour of showering Arlo with affection. Gingerly, he combs it through the soft feathers, removing the grime stuck beneath them and readjusting the out of place feathers back in their positions. Once that was done, he grabs the wax and coats it over the feathers as evenly as he can. Rei repeats the motion again until he's satisfied with the glistening sheen of Arlo's feathers.

Beneath his touches, Rei can see him shiver lightly, adam's apple bobbing as he swallows down the whimpers of appreciation threatening to escape his mouth. "Does it feel good?" He teases, brushing his lips against the shell of his ear, playfully nibbling at it.

"You're the first person, aside from my family, who I trust enough to touch my wings." Arlo mutters, the red dusting his face darkening as he glances over to him. There's a softness in his eyes, one reserved only for Rei, and Rei alone, as he smiles and angles his body so he can lean in and kiss him.

Rei, not one to be outdone in a show of affection, leans in and captures his lips.

"I love you." Rei whispers, kissing his nose when they pull apart. Arlo doesn't say anything, instead he tucks his wings in and turns to fully face him, nearly clipping him in the process. "What are you—"

Arlo silences him with a kiss as he plants himself on Rei's lap without warning. Wrapping his arms around Rei's neck, he pulls him in as they fall back together. He feels a strong pair of arms wrap around his waist, steadying him. Between catching their breaths, Arlo whispers.

"I love you too."

Warmth blossoms in Rei's chest and it makes him want to kiss Arlo even more fervently. Cupping his face in the palm of his hand, he brushes his thumb across his cheek. He let's his other hand trail upwards and trace the curve of his spine until it wanders towards where wing meets skin. Rei combs his fingers through his feathers and he watches, fascinated as Arlo takes a shuddering breath and arches to lean to his touch.

"You're beautiful."

"Shut up and just kiss me." Arlo grumbles as he shuts Rei up once again.