C~21: Words Fail, Music Speaks

When we got to the Rez, Carlisle instantly arrived and got to work on Jacob. When the scream began, Sam and Billy both agreed for me to stay in my room.

I've been in here for at least an hour, and the sky turned to night, I knew it would be a long one when Sue and Leah made a campfire in the back.

The screaming didn't help, it made my worry, and I couldn't think, but for the most part, I've just been staring at myself in the mirror. I reach out and run my hand over the reflection of my birthmark.

Jacob said it looked like the moon, my hand reaches up and clutches the necklace he made me, please be okay. As I look at myself, I notice my bite, the skin around it was bruised, and I haven't treated it yet.

"Damn it," I whisper as I apply ointment and put a big patch bandage over it, now I don't have to look at it. Just the thought of how close I was to turning, of my life ending, my family hating me, of the Volturi getting what they wanted!

Just then, there's a knock on my door, and Emily opens it, "Hey Eve, you can come out."

"Sam said, I could?"

"Yes...and Carlisle wants to talk to you."

Carlisle wants to talk to me?

I stand and head outside, the pack was gathered on the porch, and two cars were here, Bella's truck and Carlisle's Vollo, I see a figure inside it. Carlisle stood waiting for me. I walk over, and Emily gives my shoulder a squeeze before moving off to comfort Sam.

I turn to Carlisle, "Hey, Dr. C, you need me?"

"Yes, Eve, I wanted to talk to you about Riley."

"What about Riley?"

"You burnt him, correct."

"Yes, sir."

"Did anything happen before that?"

He didn't know, did he? Edward can't read my mind, but Seth knowns and if he knows the pack dose too. But I said everything was alright, did they tell Carlisle? I shrug, "Seth got into a struggle, Riley kicked my lighter away, Seth held him down and torn him apart, and then I lit him on fire."

"But Riley didn't get his hands around you, did he?"

"Um, he did for a second, gave me a couple bruises, but Seth got him off in time," I explain. Carlisle nods. "Okay, I'm gonna go collect things from the house for Jacob, he's gonna be okay...Jasper wanted to see you."

"Okay," I say and look back to the car where Jasper steps out. He and Carlisle walk by each other before Carlisle drives off. I smile at Jasper and lead him over to the campfire to sit by, it was tranquil for a little bit until Jasper speaks.

"Are you okay?"

I let out a breathy laugh, "You should be asking Jacob that."

"How did it feel...to kill an immortal?" he ask, why would he-might as well be honest "Victoria got what she had coming, not because she was after us but because she used Riley. She took his love and twisted it, I feel awful for Riley because the only thing he did was fall in love."

"I know the feeling." states Jasper, I bite my lip "Do you ever think about her?"

"Maria? I used to, I never thought I would find anyone else, but I've begun to see that there really is another way."

His crush.

I've kept these feelings bottled up with whole time because I know when he turns me down, it'll hurt and then the pack...they can't hurt him, but it's hurting, even more, to hold it in. Just then, my phone rings, I look to Jasper, and he smiles, "I'm not going anywhere."