11:00 A.M.

AT IRENE'S FUNERAL

"Commander Bae." TaeYeon easily spotted the man on her 60's who sat across the Irene's funeral altar. The cheeky smile portrays from the only daughter resembles her father and the remorse turns worsen and felt her heart clenched from what happen, she suddenly felt a warm hand on her shoulder consoling her so that she could held her tears back and greets her supposedly father-in-law whose not blinking an eye and just blankly stares at his daughter portrait.

"I'm sorry." Her hand on his shoulder comforted the man and the weight on his heart suddenly lighten from TaeYeon's warm presence. He treated her as his own daughter when he decided to marry off his Irene to a responsible lieutenant before and two smoothly clique together, he trusted her only daughter into TaeYeon's care and he could leave peacefully without worrying about Irene's condition because he knows well that the young lieutenant will protect and love Irene in all cost and now that they both sat together infront of Irene's funeral altar he felt that he's no better father to his own child and it hurts him so much.

"I'm glad you are still here to see Irene." Mr. Bae sadly smile at TaeYeon.

"Of course you're also my family Mr. Bae." She answered with a concern smile.

"I felt like terrible father on her. I felt like I pressured her with everything that she never wanted in the first place especially when I decided to marry her off to you Ms. Kim." He sighed and recalls the bitter memory of him and Irene's arguments.

"Irene is such a sweetheart for always listening on you and obeys you." TaeYeon smile at her memory with Irene.

"She only fell in love with the one." She added and giving Mr. Bae a warmest smile.

"I'm grateful towards you and your effort for protecting Jeollado province but can I ask you for the last time why you moved from Seoul to Jeollado?" Mr. Bae was the one who recruited the latter into military through TaeYeon's late father whose a good friend of him when they we're still living in Seoul.

"I'm just removing my bitter memories from someone in Seoul especially I'm healing from the painful death of my parents because of the war." TaeYeon have been in love once to a woman she met when she was still a military trainee.

"I'm sorry I didn't want to make you upset by digging out your painful memories of them TaeYeon." Captain Kim weakly smile that made Mr. Bae felt guilty when he suddenly recalls the tragedy when TaeYeon almost died but left heartbroken instead so he decided to cut their conversation and change the topic instead.

"I'm still trying to move on from her."

------

FLASHBACK

"NO. 0309 KIM TAEYEON!" The newbie trainees were gathered for head counts for their morning activities and in case there was latecomer to received usual punishment.