Eight.

[8]

"I'm sorry," Beck immediately blurted as soon at the goth sat down across from him.

"It's fine."

"I swear I didn't mean it- " Then he stopped, a look of confusion coming over his face. "Wait, what?"

"I said it's fine," Jade repeated after she took a sip of her coffee. "Now let's not bring it up again."

He sat there silent for a moment before speaking up again.

"What's your favorite movie?"

"The Scissoring."

Beck groaned, leaning back into the booth. "That movie's boring as chiz."

"Maybe to you."

"The graphics are awful," he continued, trying to get a rise out of her. "And the acting sucks."

"Like you could do better," she scoffed.

"I bet I could."

"Sure you could," she chuckled, rolling her eyes. "I don't give a chiz what you say, that movie's amazing."

Beck shrugged. "If you say so."

"Anyways," the goth arched a pierced eyebrow. "When are you gonna give me guitar lessons?"

"Depends on when you're free."

"Tomorrow?"

"Sure. Sounds good."

"Do I get to see where you live?" Jade asked, smiling a bit.

A small smirk came over Beck's lips. "I guess, if you don't mind that I live in an RV."

"An RV?"

"Well, parked in my parents driveway."

A small laugh escaped her lips. "You live in an RV parked in your parents driveway? Aren't you like, eighteen?"

"Nineteen."

"Dang," she smirked, her fingers wrapping around her coffee cup. "You like to be close to your parents, I'm guessing?"

Beck scoffed, rolling his eyes as he shook his head. "No way. But I'm broke, so I can't afford my own place yet."

"You're nineteen," she said, as if he totally didn't know his own age. "Get a job. Like most people our age do."

"Why don't you get a job?"

She shrugged nonchalantly. "Don't need one. I already have an apartment."

He let out a sigh. "I don't understand how you bought an apartment for yourself without even having a job. Are you rich or something?"

The goth let out an amused chuckle, her eyes fixed on his. "Do I look rich to you? If I was rich, I would've bought myself an island, not a tiny apartment."