Twenty-Six.

[26]

"Don't you dare tell her," Beck growled, glaring at the Latina intensely.

Jade became more frustrated. "Tell me what? What's going on?"

"Go on," Andre then spoke, his attention turned to Beck. "Tell her, man."

Beck closed his eyes tightly, shaking his head.

"Fine," Tori said, her eyes back on Jade. "I'll tell you."

Jade crossed her arms over her chest, leaning back into the couch, ready to hear whatever Tori had to say.

"Beck has been lying to you this entire time," the brunette explained sadly, causing Jade to sit up straighter. "He doesn't love you, Jade...he did this for money."

Beck's throat became dry, sweat building up on his forehead as he looked at Jade, fear in his brown eyes.

"What?" Jade asked softly, looking between Andre and Tori.

"Andre made a deal with him," Tori started to explain. "If he was able to get you to fall for him...he'd get one hundred and fifty dollars."

Jade could've sworn her heart stopped beating for a split second.

Tori continued. "He never really cared about you...it was all a lie. For money. I'm sorry."

Jade couldn't breathe.

It was like all oxygen left her body. She couldn't move. Couldn't speak.

She couldn't believe it.

She finally turned to look at Beck, who had tears forming in his chocolate eyes that she loved so much.

"Is that true?" She asked, her voice cracking.

"That was before everything," Beck replied, his eyes pleading. "I swear it was."

All air had been knocked out of her lungs. She stared at nothing, processing all of the new information she was given.

It was all a lie.

He never gave a chiz about her.

"Jade," Beck pleaded, his voice wavering as he watched her go into shock. "Jade, baby I'm so sorry- "

"No," Jade whispered before her voice became louder. "Don't you dare call me that! How could you?! Why would you do this to me?!"

"Jade, please, that was before everything, you've gotta believe me- "

"Believe you?" Her lower lip quivered. "You've done nothing but lie to me this entire time!"

"I warned you," he then whispered, and Jade could've sworn she noticed a tear slide down his cheek. "I told you...I don't believe in love."

It took all her strength to not just break down sobbing right then and there.

"S-So, every time you told me you loved me," she started, tears streaming down her cheeks without warning. "You were lying to me?"

Beck couldn't stand seeing the tears cascade down her cheeks. He couldn't stand seeing her so broken.

And it was all his fault.

"I'm sorry," he repeated quietly. "Jade, I am so, so sorry."

"Sorry won't change anything, Beck!" She screamed, both of them standing up as she let out all of her anger. "You lied to me! I loved you, but you never loved me! It was all a damn lie!"

"I know, and I'm so sorry, Jade, I truly am- "

"Oh, cut the bullchiz!" Jade scoffed, her voice already becoming hoarse from her dry throat and her yelling. "I fell in love with you, and I thought you felt the same way about me! I-I had sex with you- "

Oh god. She felt like she was going to be sick.

"Did that mean anything to you?" She asked, staring up at him with more tears in her eyes. "The sex? The I love you's? The dates? Did any of that mean anything to you?"

"O-Of course it did- "

"No," Jade whispered, shaking her head. "No. It obviously didn't. You never gave a damn about me, did you? All you cared about was money. Is that all I'm worth to you? A hundred fifty bucks?"

"Jade..."

"I'll take that as a yes, then," she said, voice wavering as more tears slid down her face.

"Please," he begged, and everyone knew he was about to start crying. "What can I do to make you forgive me? I'll do anything. Do you want me to beg for you?" He kneeled down onto his knees and clasped his hands together, still staring up at her with tear-filled eyes. "Please, Jade. I am so sorry. I'll do absolutely anything. What can I do?"

Jade shook her head before whispering, "nothing. There is nothing you can do, Beck."

"Jade, please- "

"I'm done, Beck," she said, wiping her mascara-stained cheeks to try and help her stop crying. "I hope you live a long and happy life without me."

"Jade, please don't do this," he pleaded. "I am so sorry. I never meant to hurt you- "

"Never meant to hurt me?!" She yelled angrily. "Well that's funny, because that's exactly what you did!"

"I know, and- "

"When were you going to tell me about this, Beck?" She then questioned, raising an eyebrow. "Huh? When were you going to tell me?"

Beck got up off his knees. "I-I was going to tell you, I promise I was going to I just- "

"Oh my god," she chuckled in unamusment. "You weren't ever going to tell me, were you?"

He didn't know what to say.

He saw her eyes continue to fill with tears and he couldn't find the right words to say anymore.

All he could say was sorry, but that clearly wasn't enough.

He was going to lose her.

He couldn't lose her. Not right now.

Not ever.

He felt so defeated. Guilty. Upset.

And there was nothing he could do about it.

"Stay the hell out of my life," Jade told him, her eyes glaring daggers right through him. "I don't want to see you ever again."

He didn't have the courage to object as she stormed out the door, and out of his life.

Tori and Andre watched in complete and utter sadness as Beck dropped to his knees once again, but this time with his face in his hands, allowing the tears to flow and his sobs to erupt.

He had just lost the love of life.

And there wasn't anything he could do to get her back.

------

The end!

Don't hate me, please! I'm a sucker for unhappy endings, okay?

Comment your thoughts and tears, please!

Updated: The second book is out now!

Until next time!
~Izzy