Chapter 2

Lory's POV

I woke up when I felt my phone vibrating.

I answered the call without knowing who it is. "Hello?" I answered with a sleepy tone.

{Lory? Where are you?} The man on the other line said.

"Why? Miss mo na ako?" I jest.

{Tarantado! Are you sleeping at your office? Napaka workaholic mo talaga Sanchez.}

"Morning, kung tinawagan mo lang ako para sermonan. Ibababa ko na ito. Gudbay"

{Teka lang! Easy lang, yayayain sana kita.}

"Where? When? Why?"

{Magdinner, may kaibigan kasi akong nagbukas ng bagong restaurant, and she wants us to have dinner there. Kasama ko mga kaibigan ko. Isasali kita sa grupo namin para may mga bago ka namang mga kaibigan or di kaya ka-ibigan. Pumayag ka na, minsan lang ako mag-aya eh. Tsaka hindi ka ma a-out of place dun.}

"Siguraduhin mo lang Aga Morales. Kundi, hindi ko bibilhin yung bagong labas mong sasakyan. And yes to kaibigan, no to ka-ibigan."

{Oo na, basta bilhin mo yun. Text ko nalang sayo ang location at date. Sge Lory, good morning nga pala, 8am na tulog ka pa.}

"Manahimik ka. Good morning din. Gudbay." And I end the call. I stretched my body and walked through the bathroom to do my morning routine.

Hi. I'm Lorraine Sanchez, call me Lory for short. CEO of the Sanchez Scents. I'm a workaholic person. 24 years old. Single. And I don't have a lot of friends. I have a brother, Kuya Gray. He's a CEO too but in a different company.

Nakasanayan ko na ang matulog dito sa office ko. I have a lot of things to do and a lot of papers to sign. Kaya nag- o-over time ako, hanggang sa dito na ako naka tulog. Yung tumawag sa akin kanina, he's a very good friend of mine. Aga Morales, the owner of the Morales Car Company. He's also my kababata.

My office is kinda big and it has its own bathroom and a cabinet with some of my clothes. After taking a bath, nagbihis na ako at lumabas sa office ko. My employees greeted me, I responded all of them with a nod. I went to the parking lot and drove to the nearest coffee shop.

While I'm at the queue, I received a text message from Mama.

From: Mama

Lory, come home before 7pm. We'll have a family dinner.

I replied okay and put my phone back to my pocket. When it was my turn to order, a girl came out from- I don't know, locker room? I guess. And asked the cashier to move.

"Ako na dyan, salamat ulit." She said and gave a smile to the other girl.

"Good morning maam, what's your order?" She asked and smiled sweetly. She's beautiful.

"Ria" I said as I read her name pin, "One Caramel Macchiato and Grilled Cheese Sandwich please," I added.

She nodded as a sign of response. "That will be 415 pesos, Maam."

After ko magbayad, she gave me the restaurant's waiting number. "Your order will be there in 5 minutes. Enjoy!" She said and smile at me. I nodded in response and went to my seat.

I like her, she's always smiling. Which makes her more beautiful.

After a couple of minutes of waiting. My order has been given. While eating my food, I was staring at the cashier. I don't know but I can't take my eyes off her. Ria I repeated. She's cute. After eating my breakfast I went back to my office to finish my work.