t w e n t y - n i n e

kim taehuyung;

i have been looking at my reflection for the past three hours. it was a saturday evening. seokjin was engrossed in his notes. i couldn't do anything but stare at my own reflection. although my uneven lidded eye is pretty amusing and my upper lip much thicker than my lower naturally pointing downwards is a subject of attraction, staring at the same picture for three hours is boring. i get out of the bed, feeling restless. as i child too, the worse part about getting sick, wasn't the pain or the uneasiness it was the feeling of not being able to do anything. the feeling of lying around and doing nothing is horrible.

i pace around the room nervously as images race through my head. thoughts and memories. i try to recall what my brother namjoon would do he were here. he would just know how to lift my mood. i look at seokjin, presuming that he would be scheming through his notes, i was surprised when i caught him staring at me. he quickly looked away his eyes wandering through the book next to him as he furiously turned the pages. i chuckled, "you didn't tell me that you could read upside down", i mocked. he quickly turned the book and looked at me. "my ears are red aren't they", he asked following my gaze which was fixated on his ears. "they are. it is hilarious how your ears can act as natural indicators of your emotions", i laugh. seokjin let a small laugh, "but- my ears turn red when i am angry, embarrassed and shy. it isn't that helpful", he spoke. i laugh shaking my head, "no- no, you got it wrong. when your angry, your cheeks and ears both turn hot red but when your shy all your ears turned red. and when your embarrassed your nose turns pink and your ears are just a little more flushed than your cheeks", i describe. he chuckled, "and you would no because-" 

"because i have witnessed you become angry, shy and now embarrassed too", i speak. he shakes his head with a smile, "you really are quite something kim taehyung", he stated and turned the pages of his books. i chuckle and look at the mirror again. my cheeks were red too. i shake my head and reach out for a book. "are you bored", seokjin spoke again. "a little but i'll try to keep myself busy" i said with a shrug. he picked two papers and handed one to me. "my grandmother taught me origami. it is quite relaxing. want to try it with me", he asked.

i nod my head in excitement. soon we were both seated on my bed. the brunette folded the piece of paper and instructed me to do the same. in about fifteen minutes our plain white papers were folded into a majestic origami horse. "this is really cool", i chuckled moving the horse along the edge of the bed. seokjin chuckled, "my grandmother taught me origami to teach me patience" seokjin recalled. "really- you are really patient though", i said quickly. i was excited as seokjin was initiating a conversation. "i wan't always. i was really impatient. one thing i learnt best is patience. be patient taehyung. everything will fall into place." i nodded with a smile. everything would fall into place. eventually.

═ ∘♡༉∘ ═

author;

hey beautiful person. this update was late due to many reasons. well, i was concentrating on  butterfly as the book was nearing its end and i just lost my motivation to write this.

 a little soft chapter because i really can't write angst well. not that i can write fluffy soft chapter well but whatever- 

hope you enjoyed reading!!

stay happy and hydrated!!