It's Definitely Him

The two squids arrive in a room where they can have a private talk with one another. Prince closes the door once they entered and locks it so no one would walk in. Laceless gazes around feeling absolutely joy that he finally can be on a team with the people he's looked up too for so long.

"Laceless..I want to give you an explanation on why we didn't pick you the first time..." Prince sits down in a chair as Laceless does the same. "Alright" the King bites his lip staring off until he brings back his focus to Laceless.

"Zekko..he was just slightly more experienced..but we also were so worked up over the fact that we were so close on getting a new teammate, that it sort of blinded us...we didn't really take notice to the type of person he was...we only saw his skills..." Prince sorrowful drops his head.

"I apologize Laceless. I was the one who was supposed to unite the team..but I failed...and then we nearsighted you, someone who's actually great.."

Laceless POV:

The king sits tall but with his head down as he speaks to me about scanning over my 'skills' if I can even call them that. In a way he was just trying to get back in the game but he was also rushing the process

Why do I get the feeling that he's mostly carrying something alone...

"But I don't think that should matter anymore..." he lifts his head almost immediately as he looks at me with sad eyes, keeping them on me, wanting to hear what I have to say next.

"...listen...you overlooked me but don't beat yourself up over this. There are a few things you got from this..." he wipes his face with his palms and asked
"Which is.?" I hesitantly continue, standing up walking next to him and sitting in a chair that's closer.

"Well...you saw that even the greatest players can be major jerks, this was your first time assembling a team, and...well..." I don't want to say this because it sounds way to corny even for me...and maybe I'm not that great...so I shouldn't say it.

The new King cuts off my thought as he says the exact same thing I was thinking.

"We finally got to you..." my eyes go wide with a surprised facial expression, he really said it..I praise in my mind. He smiles at me and stands up showing off his stance that is outstanding even if he doesn't know it, I sure do.

I just know he'll grow into a better king.

"Welcome to the team Laceless." I feel my smile grow so huge that I closed my eyes. I really am Happy but I suck at containing it. "Follow me well get you set with something real quick." He runs out of the room and I also follow keeping up with him.

We run down the hallways and reach a large room that must be his since their a bed in it and I spot a photo of him and his brother. He walks over to a closer and open it up, taking off his coat.

"Look I'm deeply sorry, we don't exactly have enough coats so you can just take mine and I'll wear my brothers old coat until the new one arrives." He hands me the jacket that was off his back with a warm aura coming from him that lights the mood.

I feel my heart skip a beat as I take it, with my finger lightly grazing his. "Thank you..." I bow toward him which I hear him chuckle slightly. "Of course." I stand straight and pull it over my body and slip my arms through. Once on I walk over to a mirror and look at myself.

"You look phenomenal." He stand beside me then turns me around to face him. He kindly buttons up my coat as I stare at his face, blush creeping up from how close he is to me.

"There, Laceless you ready to show your teammates" I nod confidently and beam bright, we walk out together side by side and head down the stairs where Eging and N-pacer are at in the living room still having a conversation.

They both noticed us arrive and stand up straight. Eging was the one to make a comment first, as always. He does a wolf whistle and gleam.

"Looking good Laceless!" He shouts as the two now step closer to us. "This fits you properly, you look outstanding." The female knight said to me as I get even more pumped.

"Alright now that we got a new member, how about we go and celebrate!~" Eging suggests. Prince was up for it along with N-pacer I follow along with a nod. We then all go into town and just have some fun there, celebrating with a few of Princes friends as he tells them about me.

I can't help but admire him and...feel a certain way toward him.

Eging was the one to drag us along to one party that was more in the woods area, a lot of inkling and octolings were there and they definitely were having fun with friends, like I am with Prince.

He takes my hands and takes me dancing on the grass area with other people. He holds my hands as we both laugh from each other's company. I love this night! And I love hi-

That's when that thought hit me and dragged me down through the night. "Oh no..." I muttered under my breath but no one heard since the music was loud. As time past by we all decide to head home.

Eging had plenty of drinks for him to have to be dragged back by Prince and N-pacer. Before they departed Prince let's N-pacer hold Eging for a while as he comes over to have a tiny conversation.

"I hope you had a good night with us, we'll see you tomorrow yeah?" He waits for a reply which he didn't wait long for since I said it sooner then ever.
"You bet!" I wave a goodbye but he takes me in for a tight hug that make my limbs go weak.

He lets me go and runs off for N-pacer and Eging.

I stand alone in the night, watching them leave. I still feel the warmth of Princes hug from before but I also thought about the thing I said in my mind at the party...

Sighing out I still feel at peace so I walk away and down to my house that's not far. "I think I love him."
I finally said aloud.

*

In some far away bushes there is a group of three guys hiding in the shadows as they watch Laceless head down the road, assuming that's where he lives.
The two cackle beside the their leader, standing up and stepping out of the bush.

"Is that him Zekko" a female spoke who is the color purple. The male beside her is the one to speak up carrying on the question. "Is it boss?" The leader of the three steps out of the bush and looks toward where Laceless is walking.

"That's him." He coldly said as the two beside him let out a delighted sound.

___________________________________

• I think we did just fine with this one. Definitely proud of this!