Turn 11

"Sorry, hi Jack, I didn't mean to barge in," Akiza apologised for her rudeness, "I am in a hurry, I have a class soon, and I've been looking for Yusei. I'm assuming you know what happened yesterday."

"It sounds like you thrashed Yusei with your power," I answered her.

"He won the duel as always though." Akiza praised Yusei.

"So Crow told you were I was?" Yusei asked. I assumed that Yusei had texted Crow his intended destination.

"Yeah, you should text him again Yusei, let him know I found you," Akiza answered, "I let phone run out of power again. Anyway, I have your dampener." Akiza handed Yusei the white box she had come in with. Yusei took it, opened it and frowned.

"Wow." Yusei stated, clearly disappointed, "I know you said that it was most likely going to take the form of jewellery, but why this?"

"Because it has to be in contact with a part of you, be it skin or in my case, hair," Akiza explained pointing to her unusual hairpin which she always wore.

"But a choker?" Yusei asked, "You said that it would be unnoticeable. People will notice."

"I tried something smaller, but tests showed with your power it wouldn't work and two dampeners would just cancel each other out." Akiza answered, "You will be able to personalise it though. Maybe that will make it better for you. Believe me I tried my best."

"I know, Akiza." Yusei said, "I understand, there is only so much you can do. Thank you."

"That's okay, now I have to go." Akiza said, "Sorry I can't talk more." Akiza left. I was alone with Yusei again. It was becoming a bit of a pattern with us now, that we always seemed to be able to be near the other when they really needed support, and that seemed to go double for Yusei. He had once told me that he didn't like chokers because they felt too much like a dog collar and he wasn't a house pet. 

"Lets have a look Yusei." I requested. Yusei passed the box to me. I lifted it out of the box on one finger and inspected it. It was made out of a strange black material, that had a sort of metalic feel, but it also was soft to the touch, while still feeling tough. I gave it an experimental tug. It seemed it would take a lot to break it. The material itself also seemed very flexible. There was a small sliver claspe to fasten it. 

"Well, what are you thinking?" Yusei asked sounding a little irritated at having to wear this.

"It is plain but fashionable, tough, well made," I answered looking at Yusei and trying to imagine it around his neck, "it will go with everything you wear, and feels like it would be comfortable as well."

"But I'm not used to having something like that around my neck." Yusei argued pouting, "I know I have to, but..."

"Come here." I told Yusei, wishing I could have stood over him in that chair, like I would have done if I could have. Yusei came to the bed side. "The first time I put a choker on, it felt weird. I had to place my own hand against my own neck to get used to it."

I slowly moved my hand up to Yusei's face. His eyes closed briefly as he leaned into my touch, enjoying it as I slowly moved my fingers along his cheek, to his chin. Yusei opened his eyes, and he gazed into mine with unspoken emotions that I knew mine mirrored as I gazed back into the dark sea that were Yusei's eyes. Jesus, I thought, all this over a silly little choker.

"How is my touch?" I breathed as Yusei and I had leaned closer to each other.

"Soft. Gentle. Strong. Pleasant." Yusei answered, using single words. I moved my hand to Yusei's neck, and gently stroked it with my hand, causing Yusei's body to react by hitching his breathing. I had to focus hard on my objective. I was trying to get Yusei to connect a possitive feeling with his new functional accesory.