Turn 17

I was only alone with Carly for two hours after Yusei left for his training session with Akiza. Her editor had called her into the office. She'd spent most of her time grilling me for giving Yusei one of my iconic cards. She had accused me of liking him. I just flat out lied to her, I wasn't ready for anyone to know about me and Yusei, not yet. But it wasn't because I wasn't happy about it. In fact once we had agreed to be together, I had never felt more complete, and when Yusei could touch me and did, I felt alive with electricity. I knew trying to make things up to him had also made me want to be a better person, in the hope I could be worthy of him. I hadn't let myself hope he would one day be mine though. I just wished I knew how deep his feelings went. I could sense they ran fairly deep.

I was startled out of my thoughts about Yusei by Crow's very noisy arrival. He had come in through the garage on his duel runner and slammed his helmt on one of Yusei's work benches, scattering a lot of Yusei's tools on the floor.

"Be careful," I said to a clearly pissed off Crow, "you know Yusei doesn't like it if his stuff is knocked all over the place."

"Yeah, well," Crow spat in my direction as he turned to his duel runner and took something out of its storage commpartment, "after the day I've had, don't mess with me."

"Ok." I said turning my gaze back to the ceiling, which I had been staring at before Crow's entrance, "Want to talk about it?"

"Like fuck." Crow snapped going into the kitchen, "Welcome home by the way."

"Thanks." I called into the kitchen, for the after thought, I added in my head. My thoughts quickly returned to Yusei. I was wondering how his training was going, if my advice had helped him at all. I hoped Akiza didn't push him too hard, he had a duel tomorrow afterall. He needed to sleep to be at his best. I found myself excited to sit in the pit lane with the twins, and cheer Yusei and the others on.

"What's got you all smilely?" Crow asked me aggressively.

"Huh?" I said turning my gaze on Crow, who had sat down opposite me in an armchair, "Just stuff."

"Is it Yusei stuff?" Crow probed with a dark smirk. I failed to fight the blush that climbed my face. 

"Is it that obvious?" I asked.

"It reads like a neon sign, that goofy grin that you save for Yusei. I noticed you loaned him your fave card. The one you used to call your soul." Crow stated pulling a book off of the table. "You must have been happy when he played it yesterday. Must have been very excited when he quoted you when summoning it."

"It was very impressive." I smiled softly. "I couldn't have done it better." That knocked Crow out of his funck quickly with surprise.

"You must have it hard for Yusei if you are saying he is as good a duellist as you." Crow mused out loud, slack jawed, "Does Yusei know how you feel? You know about him."

"Yes, I was done hiding it from him," I told Crow, "But he doesn't feel the same. I told him I like him and that if he didn't feel the same, that his friendship is enough for me." I finished to protect Yusei from the suddenly very observant Crow.

"Are you sure he doesn't feel anything?" Crow asked raising his eye brow.

"Sure." I answered briefly before my voice could give my lie away, "What makes you ask that?"

"Yusei's general response to your accident, to running off upset the day before." Crow listed, "Him refusing to leave the hospital until you came around, Yusei falling asleep holding your hand, the coffee, the looks he has been giving you. I haven't seen Yusei show so much emotion since before you left Satellite." My mind rushed to find an excuse that I couldn't come up with. I could only stare at Crow, because his list showed me that Yusei's feelings were deep. Very deep.