Turn 26

Yusei was a nervous wreck the whole day. He returned to myself and Crow and informed us the others would be coming over as soon Akiza and the twins finshed university and school classes respectively. As a result Yusei became very clusmy. Thus we didn't open the garage, by Yusei's request because he didn't want to cause any damage. So the three of us settled in the common area and turned the TV on. I had Yusei in my arms. His face looked calm, but I could tell from how tense his muscles felt under his sleeveless t-shirt and his navy jacket, how nervous he was. I couldn't blame him, I was nervous too.

"It's going to be fine." I whispered to him, rubbing his arm to try and sooth him, "I'm nervous too, but our friends will understand."

"Yeah, or Carly will tear my nuts off." Yusei joked darkly.

"I wouldn't let that happen." I laughed. Crow rolled his eyes at us.

"Just kiss already." Crow stated with a smile at us, "Trust me, I'm used to it, and it will help you both calm down. I can't watch the TV with the vibes you are both giving off." We scowled at Crow.

After five hours that felt like five days, Carly arrived with the twins. Yusei was the one to answer the door. The twins tackled Yusei with a hug, which allowed Carly to slip in and down the stairs without saying anything to Yusei.

"Hi Luna, Leo," Yusei gasped as he stood up and the twins ran up and tackled Crow next, making me wonder where they got their energy from, "Good to see you as well Carly."

"Hi Yusei." Carly huffed, walking up to me and hugging me. "What has happened Jackie?" She then cooed at me. I gently pushed her away from me.

"Can you wait for Akiza to get here?" I asked, hoping Yusei hadn't gotten too wound up by Carly.

"Not if my Jackie is hurting." Carly said. We all heard something crack loudly, and looked at the table. There was a small puddle of milk on the table around the remains of what had been Yusei's glass. Ok, maybe inviting Carly was a bad idea. I looked at Yusei. He was trying to hide his face behind his bangs, his cheeks clearly red.

"Hay, why'd the glass shatter?" Luna asked.

"I'll go get something to clean it up." Yusei muttered rushing to the kitchen, "that was my fault." I noticed he had his hands fiddling with his choker. Had his powers boiled over so much that it had caused it to come off so it didn't overload?

"I'll go help Yusei." Crow said, rushing after him. I wished I could have gone, but right now we had to keep up the act.

"Anyone going to answer my question?" Luna moaned putting her hands on her hips and scowling. How could such a little girl look so scary, "Why did that glass shatter on its own, and why did Yusei say it was his fault? Well Jack?" I couldn't help but back up. Damn, how could such a small girl be so intimidating?

"Um..." I stammered stepping back a little. "I think you need to ask Yusei that one, seeing as that one is his secret."

"Wait," Carly said, "Yusei has a secret, my boss has wanted a scoop on Yusei for ages. Dish."

"No," I said firmly, "also Carly, anything you hear here today is off the record and doesn't leave this garage."

"What?" Carly pouted, "Then what's going on is huge and I am getting the scoop I can't report. No fair."

"We asked you here as our friend." I told Carly, "Also could keep a respectful distance from me and act less like a fangirl please. It will be safer for everyone that way."

"Why does that even matter?" Carly barked at me. I looked at her sternly. This one was Yusei's secret, I wasn't going to tell anyone that Yusei was a psychic duellist, and that Yusei was already under great strain and so any further emotional stress should be avoided. Luna was still scowling as Yusei came back in with tea towl, followed by Crow. Yusei's face was a mask of calm. That made me even more nervous.