A New Start

Emily POV

After the talk with Hotch and working all day, I was tired. I really needed to go home and rest.

I got to my apartment and put on some music and read a book. Then my cell phone rang.

"This is Prentiss." I amswered.

"How are you Emily Prentiss?" Asked Clyde Easter(my former partner at interpol)

"Well look who it is. It must be some kind of special occasion for you to have called me." I joked.

"Oh, come on now Emily. You could have also called me."

"Alright, fine. What's going on?"

"How would you like to run the Interpol London office?"

"What?!?" I couldn't believe it.

"I don't know anyone better to do it than you. You'd be great at it."

"Wait, so your serious. No games, this for real."

"Of course."

"Wait how do I know your not lying." Suddenly I hear a knock on my door. I get up to go open it and Easter is standing right in front of me.

"Would I have come all the way from London if this was a joke?"

"Oh my God." We hugged and I welcomed him in."So this is real? You want me to run the London office?"

"Yes, I trust you."

This is a huge opportunity. I can move to London and have a better life. For me and for my baby. But would Clyde still want me if I told him I was pregnant? I can't keep it from him.

"There is actually something I have to tell you. I don't know if this will change your mind about me running the London office."

"What is it?"

"I'm pregnant."

"Congratulations Emily. But you don't look too happy."

"I am, it's just that the father doesn't know. And, I don't think that he would be happy knowing."

"And why wouldn't he be happy?"

"Because he's with somebody else. And he has made it clear that he doesn't want me bringing up what happened."

"Then he's a fool. Emily, come to London. Take the offer. You won't regret it, I promise."

"I'll think about it, how long will you be in DC?"

"A few days. I won't leave until you tell me your final decision. Look I'm staying at this hotel. Call me for your final answer." He gave me the card of the hotel.

"Ok. I'll call you." I put the card down on the kitchen counter and closed the door.

I got ready for bed but I couldn't stop thinking about running the London office. It would be amazing for me and my baby. I could just leave, and not tell Hotch. I can have the baby all to myself with no drama. We could live by ourselves.

There is just a little problem. What was I going to tell Hotch and the team? This is going to be harder than I thought.