two.

in terms of classes, i wasn't that successful this year. all of my classes sucked, except for study hall. the one class i could relax and not have to listen to any boring college rants or notes about irrelevant english novels i'll probably never even read when i'm older.

coincidentally, you had study hall with me too.

study halls were always held in the cafeteria since everyone hogged the library during their free periods. it smelt like stale chicken nuggets and soggy carrots every time you walked in there. they always had some random teacher "monitor" when actually, they'd either just scroll through facebook on their laptops or pass out. the vending machines were the only perk of the cafeteria, even if they barely gave you any chips in the bag.

my friends and i always took the table at the front of the cafeteria, our laughter echoing through the empty room. you always took the table at the far right, beside the large windows. you always sat alone, listening to music on your phone or catching up on assignments.

i stared at your figure, watching as you bored your head into your book, earbuds snugly in your ears. a smirk formed on my lips as i sauntered towards you. my hands quickly swiped at your book, peeling it away from your grasp. you grew shocked, anger forming in your eyes at the sight of me.

"give me my book back!"

"what're you gonna do about it?" i teased, holding it up higher as you tried to reach for it.

you desperately tried to grab it, but it was no use, i was just too tall. my friends snickered at the sight, your cheeks flushing beet red once you noticed. i watched as you stopped reaching for the book, packing away your things.

"why are you packing up?"

"because i'd rather be somewhere else than be made fun of by my own brother and all of his popular friends"

you left the cafeteria, not even sparing me a single glance. i frowned, book in hand as i walked back to my table.

taehyung chuckled, "dude, what was that about?"

"i don't know, she's such a buzzkill," i replied to him, stuffing the book into my backpack.

i wish i could take back what i said. i don't know why i did that, maybe i was just looking for a muse for my boredom and you just happened to be there. you're not a buzzkill, but i didn't know any better.