sixteen.

"come on, minji! we're gonna be late!" i called out from the bottom of the stairs, annoyed at what was taking her so long.

the kitchen door beside me opened, causing me to look in that direction. my mom stood in the doorway, coffee in hand as she dressed in her business attire.

"please don't yell, hoseok. it's 8 in the morning."

"sorry. is minji still sick?"

my mom nodded, "mhm. she's probably still asleep."

"i thought she was feeling better?" i questioned.

"she's still a little sick. she'll be better in a few days."

i bid my mom goodbye, making my way outside to my car. i drove off to school, the passenger seat in my car empty. according to mom, you got sick recently and weren't able to come to school. you were never sick, you just used it as an excuse to not have to go to school, to escape the torture you were going through. your lying skills were god awful but fortunately, mom believed it. hell, even i believed it.

none of the rumors ever traveled to my friends and i. because if they knew, they would just tell me, and i would've pummeled yoongi 10 feet under ground. yoongi was too much of a pussy to tell us what actually happened. when they asked him, he simply said it was a mutual disagreement.

i would've had the motivation to hurt yoongi if i knew he was slut shaming you, but i had no motivation to comfort you when you were hurting right in front of me.

i'm pathetic, aren't it?