twelve.

monday had arrived earlier than expected, which ruined everyone's mood. people sauntered through the halls drowsy and full of discomfort. i didn't see you and yoongi speak at all today, which caught me off guard. taehyung told me you two probably had a disagreement or something, so i simply just left it at that.

it was lunch time, the cafeteria in full speed as always. i sat at our usual lunch table, taking a sip of my gatorade. yoongi sauntered his way over to us, taking his spot beside jimin and taehyung. jungkook stood up, asking us if we wanted anything from the snack bar. i stood up to join him, my cravings for a vanilla soft serve growing stronger by the minute. 

"what's up with you and minji? you guys good?" namjoon asked yoongi while i was gone.

yoongi bit into his sandwich, "yeah, we're fine. why do you ask?"

"we were just curious. after the party, she left without you and you two haven't hung out all weekend," jimin trailed off.

namjoon nodded, "yeah and you didn't talk to her today at all either."

"we just called things off, that's all."

taehyung frowned, "what if hoseok finds out?"

"he didn't care that i was playing around with her at the beginning, what makes you think he'll care now?"

while i was at the snack bar, i was oblivious to the sight of one of the cheerleaders walking towards our table, snaking her arms around yoongi before kissing his cheek. the other boys all looked at one another, not saying a single word. they all knew what happened, but refused to mention it to him.

across the cafeteria, you sat at an empty table by yourself, frozen in your seat. you stared at yoongi, watching him flirt with another girl. your body shook as her hands trailed along his arms, his eyes piercing hers. your heart started beating faster by the minute, sending you up onto your feet. you grabbed your things, immediately walking out of the lunchroom. yoongi was a natural heartbreaker, and every girl that went after him knew that.

it's a shame that you actually fell for him, even though you knew in your head that you meant nothing to him.